Web page design

I want to design a web page and was wondering if there is a real user
friendly, free/minimal charge software anyone could recommend.
I've been fooling around with MS Frontpage in my initial attempts. It's a
bit obtuse I find...
Thanks all in advance

Take a look at this list of FREE web tools. You may find one that you like.
However, FrontPage is about as easy as it gets.

Donny Broome
donny AT broomeman DOT com
Kill Spyware! Visit:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

"MattW" <mw668@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to design a web page and was wondering if there is a real user
> friendly, free/minimal charge software anyone could recommend.
> I've been fooling around with MS Frontpage in my initial attempts. It's a
> bit obtuse I find...
> Thanks all in advance

Forgot the link. Here it is:
http://www.webattack.com/freeware/categories/13/

"MattW" <mw668@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to design a web page and was wondering if there is a real user
> friendly, free/minimal charge software anyone could recommend.
> I've been fooling around with MS Frontpage in my initial attempts. It's a
> bit obtuse I find...
> Thanks all in advance

If you download the Mozilla browser (not Firefox) from www.mozilla.org, it
includes an html editor. You can then use the browser to check cross-browser
compatibility. Front Page, with the default settings, adds Internet
Explorer-only, non-W3C compliant extensions to the page code.

"MattW" wrote:

> I want to design a web page and was wondering if there is a real user
> friendly, free/minimal charge software anyone could recommend.
> I've been fooling around with MS Frontpage in my initial attempts. It's a
> bit obtuse I find...
> Thanks all in advance

notepad is the only HTML editor you will ever need. and it is free. LEARN
HTML not how to point and click a website.

Vincent Lape
"MattW" <mw668@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to design a web page and was wondering if there is a real user
> friendly, free/minimal charge software anyone could recommend.
> I've been fooling around with MS Frontpage in my initial attempts. It's a
> bit obtuse I find...
> Thanks all in advance

Yeah, I agree with "jonah" ..............
The original poster said "web page" & not "web site" so if he (she?) already
has the latest office suite or an earlier one plus Publisher installed then
that is the way to go.
there is a "composer" in that.