reformatted Dell Dimension 8300

i just reformatted my Dim 8300, now i can't install my network chipset to
access the internet. I installed the resourceCD disk as instructed but i do
not see any files for the chipset can someone please point in the right
direction to complete the formatting.
2 answers Last reply
More about reformatted dell dimension 8300

    Network chipset? thats a new one on me or we talking chipset drivers which
    are on the resouce CD which you should have installed 1st after installing
    your OS, then all the other incidental drivers in turn ie , audio, modem ,
    10/100 nic

    If you connect to the internet via a network then you need to add your
    machine to the network, or if you connect via a adsl/cable modem through the
    nic card then you need to add your modem drivers which will be on your isp
    resource cd and not the Dell one

    "abruce" <abruce@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > i just reformatted my Dim 8300, now i can't install my network chipset to
    > access the internet. I installed the resourceCD disk as instructed but i
    do
    > not see any files for the chipset can someone please point in the right
    > direction to complete the formatting.

    Assuming, a bad idea anytime, that you mean the NIC (Network Interface Card)
    then the drivers would be on the resource CD that came with the system.
    Simply insert the Dell Resource CD and click on the menu item for drivers.
    The correct NIC driver should have a check mark next to it and install that
    driver per the instructions on screen.

    Regards,
    John O.

    "abruce" <abruce@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > i just reformatted my Dim 8300, now i can't install my network chipset to
    > access the internet. I installed the resourceCD disk as instructed but i
    do
    > not see any files for the chipset can someone please point in the right
    > direction to complete the formatting.

Dell Chipsets Dimension Computers