Tech - SFII Car Crash

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Questions-

When the car resets, does it cover the winner light? When does it
reset?

How far back does the car need to go to award the points? All the way?

Is it the optos in the back of the assembly that signal completion?

What is the point of the mini switch by the moving plate that the car
rod goes through?

Is that coil by the rod through plate a magnet that moves the plate
enabeling the car to fully reset?

Lastly, that plate that the car rod goes through is supposed to be
behind (toward the bg) the mini switch, right?

Sorry for the questions, but this is starting to give me fits. It never
'seems' to wanna reset all the way and one hit ends it. I fixed the
car, cleaned it up nicely, but it still doesn't work. Although it all
seems to be fine.

OldSchool
C. Philip Gevas
Saline, MI
734-429-3088

OldSchool wrote:
> Questions-
>
> When the car resets, does it cover the winner light? When does it
> reset?

Yes it should, but mine sometimes sticks the first time. It resets when
the car crunch mode finishes, and resets again just before the car
crunch starts again.

> How far back does the car need to go to award the points? All the way?

Back so that you can see the 'winner' insert.

> Is it the optos in the back of the assembly that signal completion?

It's a microswitch IIRC.

> What is the point of the mini switch by the moving plate that the car
> rod goes through?

That gets triggered for each ball hit, and you'll get a sound effect and
the DMD animation for each hit.

> Is that coil by the rod through plate a magnet that moves the plate
> enabeling the car to fully reset?

Yes.

> Lastly, that plate that the car rod goes through is supposed to be
> behind (toward the bg) the mini switch, right?

Can't remember, sorry.

> Sorry for the questions, but this is starting to give me fits. It never
> 'seems' to wanna reset all the way and one hit ends it. I fixed the
> car, cleaned it up nicely, but it still doesn't work. Although it all
> seems to be fine.

Is the spring OK? If you remove the assembly you should be able to test
it manually, i.e. move the locking plate on the coil and the car should
reset and slide all the way out. Maybe the rod isn't smooth enough and
it's catching on the plate?

Cheers,
Ben