Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • Monitors
  • Peripherals
  • Product
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 18, 2011 8:00:39 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: The sooner the better

Budget Range: $250 max (may go higher if I think its a good deal)

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (FPS/Action Games) > Internet & Movies/TV Shows/Cable > School Work (Word/Excel/Power Point)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, Dell.com, HP.com, microcenter/compusa (local store)

Country of Origin: US

Brand Preferences: Indifferent

Physical Size (Diagonal): Between 21.5"-25"

Resolution(s) You'll Consider: 1920x1080

Computers and Other Devices To Attach: 1 Computer(HDMI or DVI or DP), A cable box(HDMI), and maybe an Xbox 360(VGA or HDMI)

Panel Type(s) Desired: Indifferent

Finish Type: Preferably matte because that is what I am using now

LED Backlight: Indifferent

Warranty: At least three years (I like the dells talked about in the additional comments because of the premium panel guarantee which is why I like the AW2210 even though it seems a little expesnsive for a 21.5" TN)

Speakers: Will not be used

Wall-Mount: Would like the option but not necessary

Stand Functions: Good stability, preferably height adjustable, also it would be cool, but not necessary, if it has portrait mode avaliable.

Additional Comments: I was looking at the Dell U2(2/3)11h monitors but I would really like the monitor to have HDMI (for the cable box.) Then I saw the Alienware AW2210, which seems like a TN version of the U2211h (except that it has different imports) and its on sale for $230, which is $20 more than the U2211h on Logicbuy.com. I was just wondering if one is better than the other as far a gaming is concerned.

Side Note: I looked at the LG IPS236V-PN, but it only had a one-year warranty and the stand looks bad.

*Would it be possible to put a DVI-to-HDMI dongle on a monitor instead of on the video card?*

Thanks
-JMT

More about : choosing monitor

Best solution

a b C Monitor
June 19, 2011 1:09:04 AM

Sounds like you're really looking for IPS monitors?

I would recommend this 24" if you don't mind a plain old LCD:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The response times are usually longer for the IPS monitors even though the picture is superior.
June 19, 2011 2:44:49 AM

I like everything about it except for its one year warranty, which is usually the length of most Samsung monitors, but I like that size at that price, so I may consider it.
Thanks
-JMT

PS A lot of the recommendations I read about on here included the e-IPS U2311h, so I looked at it and thought it was a great monitor except for the fact that it was lacking HDMI. The LG IPS236V-PN has the same panel as it which is why I looked at it.
Score
Related resources
a b C Monitor
February 3, 2012 6:56:37 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
a b C Monitor
February 3, 2012 6:56:41 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!