Computer won't read windows 7 disk

flippy_45

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hello,
I'm trying to reformat my computer with the original windows 7 disk but i'm having issues. when i insert the disk and i go to "My Computer" it doesn't show up as a windows 7 disk and has no folders or files when i 'explore' it.
i checked the device manager and it shows the dvd rom is working fine, i updated the driver anyways and it said it was already up to date.
after i tried rebooting the computer and it doesn't give me the option to 'press any key to start disk' that it normally does. i went into bios and set it to where the dvd rom was first priority followed by the hard drive (nothing), then made it the only priority with all others disabled.
it then said "insert disk and press enter", i pulled the disk out then put it back in but it won't boot.
i made sure the disk drive was working by inserting another disk in it and it worked fine and booted up and everything. then i tried putting the windows 7 disk into another computer i have and it also booted up normally and worked fine.
sorry such a long thread but i wanted to be specific. please any ideas would help a ton. thanks

flippy_45

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

I did that

flippy_45

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

i cleaned the disk and like i said it worked fine on another computer. but i was thinking of burning the image to another disk and giving that a go. just wanted to see if anyone ran into this before. gonna give it a go and i'll let you know the outcome

hanifareed

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
are trying to install windows 7 on C: or Other Driver in case there is partition on your pc or laptop ? if it is and you are trying to install it on different drive than C:will cause a problem try to make destine C: drive
hope you find it helpful