I recently installed a portable Sony DVD-RW on my HP Computer. I don't know
how it happened but I inadvertently assigned a drive description to the
DVD-RW and it displays as 'E:Card Reader' unless there is a disk in the
drive in which case it displays the correct disk label. I think this error
occurred as I was trying to clean up the drive icons visible in the 'my
computer' window to make them more understandable since the card reader in
my Canon printer was displayed as drive (H:). I assigned what I thought was
the card reader of my printer the label 'Card Reader' and now to my dismay
my Sony DVD-RW carries that label and I have been unable to change the drive
label even from the administrative tools. Can anyone help resolve this
annoying screw up? Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

Sure looks like you can rename it in Drive Management properties what the
repercussions of a name error there ,, I don't know.

Properties Device Information tab shows the Model # of my cd
and that's what the drive name is,,, TEAC DV-28E-A here on the first
general tab of properties where I can change it.

maybe just delete it from device mgr and reboot.. would think Windows
should find and install new hardware.