Anybody like a particular game that gets trashed on rgp

Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.

I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.

I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
games. I found it fun.

I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
chance to play.

Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

At a local pizza joint, I played an X-Files for the first time, and I
actually enjoyed it. Didn't play it enough to see what the difference
in choosing the girl would have done, but it had alot of things to do
and was in pretty good shape, so I guess that had alot to do with it
too, Plus beer buzz makes almost any game interesting.

Dave

Mark Salas wrote:
> Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
> have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
>
> I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
> had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
>
> I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
> from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
> games. I found it fun.
>
> I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
> doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
> chance to play.
>
> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Raven & Genesis. I think that it's a tie between the two for the worst
backglasses as voted by RGP. Still, I like them both.

Jim
--
flipper [at] pa [dot] net

Mark Salas wrote:

> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Champin Pub is great. Any game where you can bet your points on a mode
is fricken fantastic.

I'll second being a big fan of RS. The best part about liking an
unpopular game is that it can always be found cheaper than a popular
game.

Brian

Actually, the games I enjoy (also own) generally are ignored on RGP. They
include Lawman, Big House, and Bone Busters, Inc. My other games are
occasionally mentioned, and usually in a nice manner.

Happy pinball!
Dan

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

Mark Salas wrote:
> Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
> have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
>
> I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
> had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
>
> I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
> from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
> games. I found it fun.
>
> I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
> doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
> chance to play.
>
> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Congo

> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp? OK, "Big Hurt". I know that Gottlieb gets trashed alot for the games they made at the end, but the Light Show on Hurt alone is worth the price to play, and it has some very interesting Ramps, VUK's, Mods as well as the cool seventh inning stretch music. "Play Ball"~Pinball Bret

I have a Hurricane and love it. I also have a RS and Love it. And CP is
on my most wanted list.

I also enjoy the Data East games and people bash them all the time.
Tails of the Crypt, Star Wars, and Back to the Future are all enjoyable
machines that can be purchased at a reasonable price. I own a Hook;
most people who come to my house for the first time to play pinball
enjoy it the most.

Jeff
www.jeffpinball.com

I like to play Rollergames. It's a great overall machine for gameplay.
The theme and music were a little much, so I sold mine, but I do miss
it every once in a while. IMO, its layout and feel and very similar to
HS2.

Black Rose, on the other hand, eeeeeeeeeeeechhhhhhhhh! It was fun on
location, but was the only pin I knew I made a mistake on the day I got
it home. So much potential in the theme, but such a cheesy, half-assed
game. The sound alone drove me nuts, and the video modes....UGH!!

:)

I'm a big fan of Rollergames, a game that a lot of folks don't like..

But, it's gaining followers!

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Mark Salas" <msalas@salascorp.com> wrote in message
> Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
> have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
>
> I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
> had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
>
> I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
> from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
> games. I found it fun.
>
> I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
> doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
> chance to play.
>
> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Sure. Several DE and late GTB games.

All of which are hammered pretty good here.

--
Fred
TX

"Mark Salas" <msalas@salascorp.com> wrote in message news:1124591038.630034.215950@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Would have to be JP. There is just something about it keeps me and
friends coming back to it. Have owned and sold TAF and CFTBL amongst
others, but JP still stays!

Also have Frankenstein - which is also underratted in my opinion..
:)

Glad to see some people rising to Black Rose's defense, a lot more
there than meets the eye. Another game that is actually quite fun but
gets hammered here is Streetfighter 2. One of the most enjoyable games
you will find, that probably won't set you back $1K

I loooove my BSD. I think this game is way underrated. I just wish it
wasn't such a drain monster, but that's the price you pay for missing a
shot. :) I think this game is for the more experienced player.

My brothers high score is only 200 mil who isn't much of a pinball
player (he does better on pinmame lol) , and mine is over 2.1bil. :)

Chas

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

Roadshow!

I know it has fans here but generally "too linear" and "I hate country
music" are the popular quotes.

Everyone has different tastes.

I for one think MM is the most overrated game ever... but...

Cheers
MacMan

In article <1124591038.630034.215950@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"Mark Salas" <msalas@salascorp.com> wrote:

> Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
> have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
>
> I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
> had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
>
> I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
> from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
> games. I found it fun.
>
> I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
> doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
> chance to play.
>
> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Could'nt agree with you more MacMan. Hey you have the same initials as the
MM..... ;)

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"MacMan" <funster@ahtbigpond.dohtnet.au> wrote in message
> Roadshow!
>
> I know it has fans here but generally "too linear" and "I hate country
> music" are the popular quotes.
>
> Everyone has different tastes.
>
> I for one think MM is the most overrated game ever... but...
>
> Cheers
> MacMan
>
> In article <1124591038.630034.215950@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> "Mark Salas" <msalas@salascorp.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
> > have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
> >
> > I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
> > had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
> >
> > I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
> > from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
> > games. I found it fun.
> >
> > I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
> > doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
> > chance to play.
> >
> > Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

JB

Junkyard!

"Mark Salas" <msalas@salascorp.com> wrote in message
> Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
> have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
>
> I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
> had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
>
> I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
> from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
> games. I found it fun.
>
> I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
> doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
> chance to play.
>
> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Ditto! I like Junkyard too. I wish they were cheaper though.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

JB wrote:
> Junkyard!
>

> "Mark Salas" <msalas@salascorp.com> wrote in message
>
>>Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
>>have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
>>
>>I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
>>had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
>>
>>I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
>>from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
>>games. I found it fun.
>>
>>I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
>>doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
>>chance to play.
>>
>>Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Andy

Tie between the worst two games.

"Gott Lieb?" <rgp@papinball.com> wrote in message
> Raven & Genesis. I think that it's a tie between the two for the worst
> backglasses as voted by RGP. Still, I like them both.
>
> Jim
> --
> flipper [at] pa [dot] net
>

> Mark Salas wrote:
>
>> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Andy

The sound bites kill it for me. Just like BK2K. Its a tie between "Rock,
rock rock and rollergames" and "You can do it you can do it." Ugh.

Andy

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> I'm a big fan of Rollergames, a game that a lot of folks don't like..
>
> But, it's gaining followers!
>
> --
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> "Mark Salas" <msalas@salascorp.com> wrote in message
>> Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
>> have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
>>
>> I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
>> had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
>>
>> I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
>> from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
>> games. I found it fun.
>>
>> I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
>> doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
>> chance to play.
>>
>> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

That is one of the best parts IMO of both those games

BK2K is on my list too :)

Oh well, that's why they made more than 1 pin :)

--

"Andy" <andy@NOSPAMcharlottepinball.com> wrote in message
> The sound bites kill it for me. Just like BK2K. Its a tie between "Rock,
> rock rock and rollergames" and "You can do it you can do it." Ugh.
>
> Andy
>
> "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
>> I'm a big fan of Rollergames, a game that a lot of folks don't like..
>>
>> But, it's gaining followers!
>>
>> --
>> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>>

>> "Mark Salas" <msalas@salascorp.com> wrote in message
>>> Actually, I own one that takes a beating on rgp (The Sopranos). I also
>>> have MM, AFM, CV, and BSD.
>>>
>>> I was at a mall (greater cleveland area) and noticed the "new" arcade
>>> had three pins. Black Rose, Theatre of Magic, and Black Knight 2000.
>>>
>>> I actually enjoyed playing Black Rose. I know this game takes a beating
>>> from the group. Everything was in working order and I had a few quality
>>> games. I found it fun.
>>>
>>> I also enjoyed playing the Black Knight machine (except that one
>>> doesn't get slammed) Theatre of Magic I used to own. Didn't get a
>>> chance to play.
>>>
>>> Anyone else enjoy playing some of the machines that get trashed on rgp?

Andy

What do you love about Hurricane? Also, did you play Cyclone before playing
Hurricane?

Andy