Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A very unique question about my monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 20, 2011 4:15:03 AM

It's a syncmasterP2350 and it has both a DVI and a VGA port on it. My PS3 is connected to the VGA port and my PC to the DVI.

My goal is either to be able to switch between my PS3 and PC remotely or partition the screen so that I can have my PS3 and PS3 using a partition of the screen and so that I can change these setting within my PC's operating system.

I'm sorry if that's all too confusing. I downloaded a software from my monitors install CD called "multiscreen" but it doesn't seem to be providing the service I wanted. I'd appreciate any help and am willing to provide and information you may need to help.

a c 196 C Monitor
June 20, 2011 6:11:41 AM

No, you cannot remote switch input sources unless you have one of those rare monitors that has a remote. I only know of two; one is an NEC monitor and the other is from Eizo (about $700 - $900 last time I saw it).

No, you cannot "partition" the monitor. However, I believe there are a few rare monitors that has the equivalent of PiP (picture in picture) capabilities.
June 23, 2011 3:06:14 PM

I'd suggest doing this:
Get a HDMI swtich with wireless remote. Connect your PC via HDMI (or DVI to HDMI) and your PS3. Now you can remotely switch between both !