Cabinet Decals Question

Hello,

I just received a set of cabinet decals in the mail. Although they
arrived rolled up in a tube, I noticed they have straight line creases
in the middle of each sheet, as though they were stored folded. Will
this create a problem when I apply the decals? I have never done
cabinet decals before, so I want to make sure the creases won't be
visible upon installation.

Thanks,
Joe
4 answers Last reply
More about cabinet decals question

    Don't know where you received them from, but the cabinet decals (MB, CC, for
    example) have seams for the backing paper. Usually they would have not been
    folded, as they are usually shipped to suppliers in multiples on a role and
    re-rolled into a single set.

    rick@bayareaamusements.com

    "JDix" <jennystiger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just received a set of cabinet decals in the mail. Although they
    > arrived rolled up in a tube, I noticed they have straight line creases
    > in the middle of each sheet, as though they were stored folded. Will
    > this create a problem when I apply the decals? I have never done
    > cabinet decals before, so I want to make sure the creases won't be
    > visible upon installation.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Joe

    This is a seam, the backing is held there with masking tape. You just
    have to work it out when you install the decal. Takes a bit of rubbing
    but if you do it right, it won't be visable. Also, be aware of sir
    bubbles. Took me almost 3/4 of a hr to make sure all mine were out.

    Some do, some don't. I have done many sets of decals from different vendors
    in the past, and have had the seams remain in most cases. Some magically
    dissapear, but there is no real rhyme or reason to it.

    Chris

    "JDix" <jennystiger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just received a set of cabinet decals in the mail. Although they
    > arrived rolled up in a tube, I noticed they have straight line creases
    > in the middle of each sheet, as though they were stored folded. Will
    > this create a problem when I apply the decals? I have never done
    > cabinet decals before, so I want to make sure the creases won't be
    > visible upon installation.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Joe

    > be aware of sir bubbles...

    Thats what Michael Jackson used to say after giving him too much
    Vodka...

    :P

    Barry - NY

Games Video Games