Cabinet Decals Question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 20, 2005 11:35:10 PM

Hello,

I just received a set of cabinet decals in the mail. Although they
arrived rolled up in a tube, I noticed they have straight line creases
in the middle of each sheet, as though they were stored folded. Will
this create a problem when I apply the decals? I have never done
cabinet decals before, so I want to make sure the creases won't be
visible upon installation.

Thanks,
Joe
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:44:14 PM

Don't know where you received them from, but the cabinet decals (MB, CC, for
example) have seams for the backing paper. Usually they would have not been
folded, as they are usually shipped to suppliers in multiples on a role and
re-rolled into a single set.

rick@bayareaamusements.com

"JDix" <jennystiger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just received a set of cabinet decals in the mail. Although they
> arrived rolled up in a tube, I noticed they have straight line creases
> in the middle of each sheet, as though they were stored folded. Will
> this create a problem when I apply the decals? I have never done
> cabinet decals before, so I want to make sure the creases won't be
> visible upon installation.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:51:51 PM

This is a seam, the backing is held there with masking tape. You just
have to work it out when you install the decal. Takes a bit of rubbing
but if you do it right, it won't be visable. Also, be aware of sir
bubbles. Took me almost 3/4 of a hr to make sure all mine were out.
Related resources
August 21, 2005 6:54:08 AM

Some do, some don't. I have done many sets of decals from different vendors
in the past, and have had the seams remain in most cases. Some magically
dissapear, but there is no real rhyme or reason to it.

Chris

"JDix" <jennystiger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just received a set of cabinet decals in the mail. Although they
> arrived rolled up in a tube, I noticed they have straight line creases
> in the middle of each sheet, as though they were stored folded. Will
> this create a problem when I apply the decals? I have never done
> cabinet decals before, so I want to make sure the creases won't be
> visible upon installation.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 3:50:05 PM

> be aware of sir bubbles...

Thats what Michael Jackson used to say after giving him too much
Vodka...

:p

Barry - NY
!