Sign in with
Your question

Win 7 home basic pre-installed want to re- install have genuine product key

Last response: in Windows 7
December 3, 2012 6:39:31 AM

Hello, I want to re-install Win 7 but do not have the installation disc, I have only the genuine product key.
a b $ Windows 7
December 3, 2012 6:42:14 AM

Was it pre-installed on the PC when you bought it?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 3, 2012 6:51:54 AM

louiscoffey said:
Hello, I want to re-install Win 7 but do not have the installation disc, I have only the genuine product key.

If you machine from big supplier - they often have a hidden image on the hard disk... which can be activated by special key combo when booting up- which allows you to restore it to exactly as it came from the factory (care - you lose all your existing installation and data).

If you dont have that... then you can download a windows disk and use your genuine key to activate (care... it will be a raw windows image.. .so may no have you devise specific drivers that you rmanufaturer put on).

Windows images can be legitimatly downloaded from

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/8906-official-windows-7-sp1-disks/

HTH
Cheers

m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 3, 2012 8:12:03 AM

Within your existing install, look for recovery manager software that will let you create a set of rebuild dvd's or start the recovery process from the hidden partitions. You can also do this at power onpressing alt-fn key combination similar.
m
l
December 3, 2012 10:54:27 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Was it pre-installed on the PC when you bought it?

Yes it was pre-installed. Thanks.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 3, 2012 11:24:37 AM

Yoji already posted a link to ISO downloads, but these may work as well:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-of...

EDIT: Hmm, it appears you cannot download an ISO for Home Basic. You will need to contact your computer supplier and ask them if they included a restore partition on the PC, or alternatively if thy can provide you with an installation disc.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 3, 2012 11:51:05 AM

Home basic cripples your PC. Pony up the cash and upgrade.
m
l
!