FLiPS August report. Thanks ED!

Big thanks to Ed Faerman for hosting another FLiPS event. Plenty of
snacks and drinks and machines. All FREE!

Ed presented the trophies from the previous tournament-Brian Dominy
took first and I took second. Joel Cohen and Brian won the zen trophy.
All of the trophies were very nice. Thanks Ed!

Fastest machine of the night goes to BSD which Ed had just picked up
recently. After a night of everyone getting hammered by Ed's new baby,
even those returning from the world famous PAPA tournament, I was
convinced the machine was just not playable because I had never seen a
machine move that fast. I mean it worked too dang good!! Brian Dominy
stepped up to the plate at about 3 am and drove a big FAT stake in!
1.5 BILLION with all mbs stacked! Yeah Daddy!! So, I stand
corrected-after 5 1/2 hours of play the game can be clobbered! (once)
The second highest score was my weak 450MIL . I did manage 14 loop
champ but Brian's performance was sweet. I am telling you this game is
smokin' fast and the lightning flippers are something else.

Good Job, Brian. Ed, of course was the proud father whose child was on
its best behavior destroying ALL. Good thing we didn't have to pay to
play it ;-)

No tournament action took place this time around, so look for a
tournament next FLiPS.

Again, thanks Ed. A good time was had by all.

Jeff
(who needs more caffeine to keep up with the reflex requirements of
BSD)

Another great night with good people, good pinball (by this I mean the
machines and not my play) and good time. Ed is an outstanding host and
makes every visit top notch. For me, it is great to see someone who
actually knows how to play the games do so. Thanks to Brian for the
lesson on BSD. Played a bit of TZ with Ed and actually enjoyed the
game, which is a first for TZ and me.

Ron

Jeff Palmer wrote:

> Fastest machine of the night goes to BSD which Ed had just picked up
> recently. After a night of everyone getting hammered by Ed's new baby,
> even those returning from the world famous PAPA tournament, I was
> convinced the machine was just not playable because I had never seen a
> machine move that fast. I mean it worked too dang good!! Brian Dominy
> stepped up to the plate at about 3 am and drove a big FAT stake in!
> 1.5 BILLION with all mbs stacked!

Thanks Jeff -- after averaging about 50M all night, it felt good to get
in one decent game. This was the fastest Dracula I've ever seen!

> No tournament action took place this time around, so look for a
> tournament next FLiPS.

Despite that, we had some good sets on TZ, Funhouse, Elvis (doubles
style), and Bally Star Trek. Oh, and Jeff had a good game on Monster
Bash, scoring Monsters of Rock effortlessly on his first pass through
the modes.

Thanks again to Ed for hosting -- I had a great time as always.

- Brian
http://www.oddchange.com

alex

Thanks for hosting Ed. I had a great time playing your games. Where
were all the local guys? We need to get the tournament going! :)

Alex