Digital Video

Last response: in Computer Brands
June 13, 2004 9:06:02 AM

Is it possible to extend the length of a digital video connection?

I'd like to place my keyboard and LCD display a bit further from
the CPU than the current cables allow.

Thanks!

Larry

More about : digital video

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 10:14:41 AM

Sure,

http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=D...

I don't know the maximum length. I have my Dimension 2400, which is analog
VGA, driving a video projector with a 25 foot extention and it works great.

Tom
"Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Is it possible to extend the length of a digital video connection?
>
> I'd like to place my keyboard and LCD display a bit further from
> the CPU than the current cables allow.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Larry
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 1:14:28 AM

Tom Scales wrote:

> Sure,
>
> http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=D...
>
> I don't know the maximum length. I have my Dimension 2400, which is analog
> VGA, driving a video projector with a 25 foot extention and it works great.

Thanks, Tom!

Now that I know that it *can* be done, does anyone know the maximum length?

Again, thanks!

Larry
June 14, 2004 3:01:37 PM

Seems like the recommended max is 5 meters. There are
some 10 meter cables out there, but with disclaimers as to quality.
http://www.pacificcable.com/DVI.htm
You could always use fiber if you need really long distances.

> Tom Scales wrote:
> >
> > Sure,
> >
> > http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=D...
> >
> > I don't know the maximum length. I have my Dimension 2400, which is
analog
> > VGA, driving a video projector with a 25 foot extention and it works
great.

> Thanks, Tom!
>
> Now that I know that it *can* be done, does anyone know the maximum
length?

> Again, thanks!
>
> Larry
Anonymous