DVD Rom Compatibility

I own a Dell D600 Laptop, but does NOT have a DVD player on it - question -
I have an offer for a DVD player for an ISPIRON 5000 series laptop and
wondering if the drive is compatible - in a previous life, I swapped parts
with ISPIRON 4000 series laptops with Latitude C600 series laptops
(including batteries) with no problem - any one have any idea - the model on
the DVD player I am looking at is Toshiba SD-C2302

Nope

--

------Splitskull-----

"CL" <wildcat66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I own a Dell D600 Laptop, but does NOT have a DVD player on it -
question -
| I have an offer for a DVD player for an ISPIRON 5000 series laptop and
| wondering if the drive is compatible - in a previous life, I swapped parts
| with ISPIRON 4000 series laptops with Latitude C600 series laptops
| (including batteries) with no problem - any one have any idea - the model
on
| the DVD player I am looking at is Toshiba SD-C2302

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"CL" <wildcat66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I own a Dell D600 Laptop, but does NOT have a DVD player on it -
question -
> I have an offer for a DVD player for an ISPIRON 5000 series laptop and
> wondering if the drive is compatible - in a previous life, I swapped parts
> with ISPIRON 4000 series laptops with Latitude C600 series laptops
> (including batteries) with no problem - any one have any idea - the model
on
> the DVD player I am looking at is Toshiba SD-C2302

I just put a SD-C2302 in my Compaq Armada 1750.
The firmware was 'Ver 1013' which set the drive up as 'Master' and the
Armada requires
the drive to be setup as 'Slave'.
Downloaded firmware 'Ver 1017' from here:
http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=2&manufactor=31
Installed the firmware and changed the drive setup to 'Slave' and it works
in the Armada now.

Don't know what the other firmware files control on the drive:
Toshiba SD-C2302 (6X/24X) 1013 / 1713 / 1I13 / 1823 / 1125, 1127 / 1217 /
1617 / 1W13, 1W15 / 1315 / 1J19 / 1H13 / 1V15 / 1F13

George Girard, Programmer/FiddlerArounder, georgegg@magnolia.net
Your Current Internet Information can be found here:
http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/Your.Current.Internet.Information
http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/Dns.Whois.Nslookup