Upgrading RAM for Windows 7

geoffb15

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hello,
I have a Samsung N150Plus netbook with 1GB RAM, if I upgrade my current Windows 7 Starter will that improve the performance? I am currently unable to use Skype because it is saying that my computer is running too slowly and I am getting this message 'reduce the system load or upgrade the physical memory' What are my options? I seem to get conflicting advice when looking on the Internet.
Thanks Geoff

Solution
Hi

Most Netbooks only support 2GB of RAM (Intel Atom + chipset limitation)
adding another 1GB will make a considerable improvement in startup & performance
www.crucial.com will show what options are available for that model

regards

Mike Barnes
Hi

Most Netbooks only support 2GB of RAM (Intel Atom + chipset limitation)
adding another 1GB will make a considerable improvement in startup & performance
www.crucial.com will show what options are available for that model

regards

Mike Barnes

Solution

geoffb15

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

Thanks for the advice, I have noticed that Vuze that I use for downloading movies and Chrome use most of my memory. If I uninstall and re-install them will that help? Microsoft have also said that I can manually increase the amount of memory available to RAM or use an external flash drive to speed things up, are these viable options?

Again thanks for your help, I'm currently travelling in Morocco and need skype which has stopped working due to slow speed and I'm unsure about the quality of advice I am getting from computer shops I have visited.

All the best, Geoff Barnes