Cheap desktop amp for my kenwood box speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

angadisachin

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
i've a pair of kenwood(bass reflex speaker system) box speakers(old music system, head unit is dead) of gud quality, though very old (100rms*2), i want to connect then to my pc, em aware that they are box speakers i.e no 3.5mm jack,,.. so plz help me out
1. to get really gud bass

Solution
I have actually tested vintage Kenwood LSK-727s floor standers with 12" woofers with a Lepai TA2020 and the results are actually shockingly good. Granted it was somewhere between a smallish to medium room and those are rather efficient speakers but if you need more power the TK2050 based amps pack more power in the same small footprint at a higher price of course ^^ However if tight, quality deep bass is a must you can always add a quality 8-10" active sub down the road
Perhaps best state the exact model of those but for PC audio/nearfield many an old/vintage speaker have found new life mated with cheap but hifi sounding T-amps? Look at stuff like the Lepai TA2020 and TK2050 based amp like Dayton DTA100-A, Topping TP-22, etc

angadisachin

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

well. thanx for reply and few days back i googled especially about lepai t2020, my main priority is to get low freq bass, is it sufficient to power these oldies?? i gave a look at the national market, Bangalore (well known for china products), many options were there real cheap starting from 8$, but can u tell which type of amp(class, considering it's a china product), omh required, etc,,..

(my speakers are 6ohm and 100rms each, model-LS-n551 L)
http://www.njuskalo.hr/image-big/zvucnici/zvucnici-kenwood-ls-n551l-slika-9154697.jpg

I have actually tested vintage Kenwood LSK-727s floor standers with 12" woofers with a Lepai TA2020 and the results are actually shockingly good. Granted it was somewhere between a smallish to medium room and those are rather efficient speakers but if you need more power the TK2050 based amps pack more power in the same small footprint at a higher price of course ^^ However if tight, quality deep bass is a must you can always add a quality 8-10" active sub down the road

Solution

johnrenosh

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Hey did u manage to find an amplifier for your speakers??? If yes can you please share the details.....I have got the same pair of kenwood box speakers......I am from Mumbai...

Status
Not open for further replies.