Sign in with
Your question

ImageRunner 2020

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 22, 2011 8:44:48 PM

OK, I'm beating my head over this one... Here's a quick overview:

1. PC Running Win 7 Professional (x86 for what it's worth)
2. ImageRunner 2020

Both connected CAT5 to the network. From the Win 7 machine I can ping the IR2020 all day long. I can open a browser and punch in the IP of the IR2020 and access the GUI.

Using Win 7 "Add a Printer" if I select Network, Win 7 finds the IR2020, obtains the driver, and installs it. I can then open the print queue. I can select Properties and view all the info from the IR2020. When I print it is sent to the queue then it disappears as if it printed... But it does not print. This happens on the regular Test Page as well. Wen I look at the IR2020 logs through the GUI it shows the IR2020 received the print job and there are no errors reported.

I have also tried:

a.) Using the "Add a Printer" wizard and selecting local printer, then adding the printer using an IP port and specifying the address. Again, it installs fine and I see the same behavior;

b.) I uninstalled the printer and the connected it to the IR2020 by USB cable. Win 7 saw the new device, went to Windows Update, grabbed the latest driver, and installed it without issue. Once done, I have the same behavior as documented above;

c.) The IR2020 keeps installing with a PCL5e driver. I found a PCL6 driver online. It installs fine, but exhibits the same behavior; and

d.) Accessing the printer via Win 7 devices, I went into the Advanced properties of the printer and tried the different Print Processors (RAW, RAW [FF appended], TEXT, etc) all to no avail.

Any help with this before I have to fork out cash to some Canon Tech is greatly appreciated!

More about : imagerunner 2020

June 23, 2011 2:40:35 AM

ubercake said:
Windows doesn't necessarily provide the best drivers or any hardware.

You can go to the Canon site and download the drivers and config software here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/office/b_w_imager...

Hi Ubercake,

I've given that a run... Sorry if I failed to mention that. No luck, same results. Any other ideas?
m
l
Related resources
June 30, 2011 11:40:41 AM

Any additional ideas on this? So far I have struck out.
m
l
July 4, 2011 2:43:22 PM

Chirp... Chirp... Any additional ideas on this?
m
l
May 20, 2012 2:04:56 PM

pfoglesong said:
Chirp... Chirp... Any additional ideas on this?

You're not alone on this one I'm having the same problem. Having to direct my printing to a rinky-dink HP printer then use copier function. Very frustrating.
m
l
!