Microsoft Broadband Networking utility screenshots

Jonathan

Does anyone know where I can find screenshots of the
Microsoft Broadband Networking utility program? If you
know where they are online somewhere or if you have them
on your computer, can you please let me know?

what exactly are you trying to do?

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Jonathan

I work for a company that supports wireless connections.
Several customers call in and cannot connect with the
Microsoft wireless cards. Usually you have to setup the
profile and configure the device before it will connect.
We need screenshots in order to know exactly what the
customers are seeing and to know what to click on to
configure it. Need to know where to setup the SSID,
Encryption and so on.

All the product documentation is at
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_ProductDocumentation.mspx
You will find step by step instructions (but no screen shots) for the
wireless client cards. You should be able to use this documentation for your
purposes, though.

For Windows XP, always use XP's built in Wireless Zero Configuration.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Jonathan

Is there a way to setup profiles in the utility program?
If so, can you explain how?
From what I have seen in the past, if you go through the
Setup Wizard, there is not a way to setup a network
profile without encryption. Do you know if there is a way?

I haven't used anything but Windows XP for quite a while and use the
native Wireless Zero Configuration and not the utility. I don't
remember all the functionality on a non XP system, but someone else
may. I would never recommend joining a network without encryption.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

joker

The software which should only be used on a computer running Windows 98,
Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, or Windows ME only remembers the current
wireless network settings including the current WEP key & SSID. If you
are using 64-bit WEP you can have it remember up to 4 different keys,
While with 128-bit WEP it will only remember one key (If I remember that
part correctly).

That's about all I remember about the BNU, as I'm running Windows XP
SP2, so I have no need of that utility.