Microsoft Broadband Networking utility screenshots

Does anyone know where I can find screenshots of the
Microsoft Broadband Networking utility program? If you
know where they are online somewhere or if you have them
on your computer, can you please let me know?
6 answers Last reply
More about microsoft broadband networking utility screenshots

    what exactly are you trying to do?

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    I work for a company that supports wireless connections.
    Several customers call in and cannot connect with the
    Microsoft wireless cards. Usually you have to setup the
    profile and configure the device before it will connect.
    We need screenshots in order to know exactly what the
    customers are seeing and to know what to click on to
    configure it. Need to know where to setup the SSID,
    Encryption and so on.

    All the product documentation is at
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_ProductDocumentation.mspx
    You will find step by step instructions (but no screen shots) for the
    wireless client cards. You should be able to use this documentation for your
    purposes, though.

    For Windows XP, always use XP's built in Wireless Zero Configuration.

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Is there a way to setup profiles in the utility program?
    If so, can you explain how?
    From what I have seen in the past, if you go through the
    Setup Wizard, there is not a way to setup a network
    profile without encryption. Do you know if there is a way?

    I haven't used anything but Windows XP for quite a while and use the
    native Wireless Zero Configuration and not the utility. I don't
    remember all the functionality on a non XP system, but someone else
    may. I would never recommend joining a network without encryption.

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    The software which should only be used on a computer running Windows 98,
    Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, or Windows ME only remembers the current
    wireless network settings including the current WEP key & SSID. If you
    are using 64-bit WEP you can have it remember up to 4 different keys,
    While with 128-bit WEP it will only remember one key (If I remember that
    part correctly).

    That's about all I remember about the BNU, as I'm running Windows XP
    SP2, so I have no need of that utility.

    Jonathan wrote:

    > Does anyone know where I can find screenshots of the
    > Microsoft Broadband Networking utility program? If you
    > know where they are online somewhere or if you have them
    > on your computer, can you please let me know?

Routers Broadband Networking Microsoft