Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Seeking Printer "Workhorse" Replacement for HP 4L

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 23, 2011 5:08:36 AM

Had an HP 4L, loved it. Just printed almost ad nauseum for very little cost. (One owner-user’s review on the web called it the “Energizer Bunny of printers”) and -- from my experience, at least, I tend to agree.)

So ... what printer can I get today -- new or used -- fits the same bill. Cartridge cost (or whatever you call it for whatever type of printer) and reliability are the primary concerns: e.g., ability to print in color would be nice but is not critical. Probably print a ream or two of paper per month.

Thank you !

Best solution

a b α HP
June 29, 2011 2:29:04 PM

Stay away from "consumer" models HP printers. A 2000 series used will work well, I have worked with many 2100, 2200 models, don't think I have seen any fail. 4000 series are great also. This is from experience working in tax offices where they print thousands of pages weekly.
July 1, 2011 12:49:20 AM

Hang-the-9: Thanks for the response! It actually reflects the opinion of the "one-other-responder" to this qustion on another site. So, I think I'll start searching for a 2000 series. Thank you !

Christopher
:bounce: 
m
l
Related resources
July 1, 2011 12:49:57 AM

Best answer selected by ChristopherASA.
m
l
July 7, 2011 6:57:47 AM

only get a used printer if you know what your looking at. If it has stuffed pickup rollers and stuffed fuser you will be up for $$$$ to repair it......... I have the opposite opinion, get a cheap consumer Laser printer from HP/canon/lexmark, but get the extended warranty for 3 years. Laser printers are expensive to repair, just get something cheap and throw it away when its failed.
m
l
!