My computer won't update or install anything

Eddiek550

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hello,
My windows 7 computer won let me update any programs or install new programs it will download but when it goes to install a window pops up. Here is what happens when i try to install Firefox, the window that pops up at the top says C:\Users\WIN7~\1\AppData\Local\Temp\7zSB882.tmp\setup.exe then below that it says The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. That message pops up when i try to install anything. Please help

Eddiek550

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
i recently did have a friend that does computer work helping with my computer i had to many procceses running in the task manager and he stopped some of them im afraid this may have something to do with it, and i have had some minor well maybe i hope it was minor issues with virus's i thought this information maybe helpfull thank you in advance to any help i may receive.

mmaatt747

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
If you're friend just stopped the necessary service, then a reboot will fix this. If he disabled the service or set it to manual then rebooting will not fix it.

If he disabled it then you need to find out which one was disabled, or do a system restore to a date/time just before he made these changes.

Eddiek550

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
i followed the path you specified and when i get to services the message window pops up C:Windows\system32\services.msc then the same message ive been getting for everything i do The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enable devices associated with it :(