Soprano's, think they will go cheap?

Ok, Nascar is out, I tried it the other day, my guess is that it will
be huge, especially when they get the kink's out of it. I was
wondering though, does that one mean we could see some Soprano's
dumping soon? I would still like to add this one to my collection...

Thanks
Steve

I doubt it, not out of the operators or distributors anyway, still too
new. come to think of it, I havent seen any really great deals on later
model sterns. not since LOTR anyway.

-Dan

probably not.
its a pretty good game when set in "hard" mode for everything.
making smaller runs of pins compared to the past and STERN being the
only maker of pins, they seem likely to hold close to their NIB price
for a while.
i f you are looking to pay cheaper for a modern stern pin it will be
titles such as: sharkeys shootout and stiker extreme and maybe monopoly
or playboy too.
or a ragged on harley davidson.
RCT if you're lucky. anything from T3 to now will be pricey still
unless heavily wore.

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

Dan H. wrote:
> I doubt it, not out of the operators or distributors anyway, still too
> new. come to think of it, I havent seen any really great deals on later
> model sterns. not since LOTR anyway.
>
> -Dan

I see coins drop like crazy into Sopranos, doubt the ops will get rid
of it cheap (as long as they can keep it working, stupid flippers)

Scott

Depreciation of around $500 per year, downto around $1500-$1800 in
around 5-6 years.

Approximately $4000 NIB - calculate the number of years before its hits
your price range.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Balboa Rules wrote:
> Ok, Nascar is out, I tried it the other day, my guess is that it will
> be huge, especially when they get the kink's out of it. I was
> wondering though, does that one mean we could see some Soprano's
> dumping soon? I would still like to add this one to my collection...
>
> Thanks
> Steve

I have a HUO one I bought that I would let go cheap ;-)

I dont know how many plays, I would guess <100 (i can check). email me
with any offers (kalamazoo, MI)

I remember something like this happening with a low production game by
Bally. They had quite a few left over and were trying to dump them. Now
the vlaue has gone WAY up on them. I remember NIB prices back then at
$1700 anyone remember a game called Ciqus Voltaire? :)

manic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002

"CAH" <cmcolinh@aol.com> wrote in message

> Dan H. wrote:
> > I doubt it, not out of the operators or distributors anyway, still too
> > new. come to think of it, I havent seen any really great deals on later
> > model sterns. not since LOTR anyway.
> >
> > -Dan
>
> I see coins drop like crazy into Sopranos, doubt the ops will get rid
> of it cheap (as long as they can keep it working, stupid flippers)

Well the one down here near me in VA - DC area is gonna be gone in a
week and then up for sale. But he's putting in a Nascar so all is well...
might be my only chance to play one ;-)

> I have a HUO one I bought that I would let go cheap ;-)
>
> I dont know how many plays, I would guess <100 (i can check). email me
> with any offers (kalamazoo, MI)

Wow!!! Less than 100 plays was all it took to decide to sell? Probably a
good move as I have no idea what all the fuss about that show was over.

Good luck on the sale.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

manic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002

I think the title just *might* affect your calculations - I don't
see TSPP or LOTR getting to that level. Even with the re-runs
and so many owning them HUO not that many nice ones seem
to surface cheap.

Now *other* Stern titles I dunno ;-)

<scott@farrar.com> wrote in message
> Depreciation of around $500 per year, downto around $1500-$1800 in
> around 5-6 years.
>
> Approximately $4000 NIB - calculate the number of years before its hits
> your price range.

>They had quite a few left over and were trying to
>dump them.

An op friend of mine bought 3 safecrackers for $900 each back in the
day.

Kirb

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

kirb wrote:
> >They had quite a few left over and were trying to
> >dump them.
>
> An op friend of mine bought 3 safecrackers for $900 each back in the
> day.
>
> Kirb

I would love a safecracker

manic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002

"Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have a HUO one I bought that I would let go cheap ;-)
> >
> > I dont know how many plays, I would guess <100 (i can check). email me
> > with any offers (kalamazoo, MI)
>
> Wow!!! Less than 100 plays was all it took to decide to sell? Probably a
> good move as I have no idea what all the fuss about that show was over.

I'm surprised Chuck is selling it also but the fuss is still not over - unlike
any other show I can think of they can take a two year break and still get a
lot of hot press and attention when they return. And they are indeed returning
in March 2006 I think.

Most shows would be toast if they took a hiatus like they do...

> Good luck on the sale.
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Oh how hind site is 20/20 :) imagine goin back with what I know now.
Never figured they'd be worth much...

Sure do. I picked up my old "sample playfield" CV from a guy who bought it
NIB. It had 100 plays. Paid $1800 in 1999.
:)