curser problems with dell inspiron8100

Last response: in Computer Brands
June 13, 2004 11:16:08 AM

recently my curser has started to move...on its own....

it now tracks slowly either to top right or bottom left of screen and
then gets faster..

do i have a virus or do i need to replace drivers.. i have tried a USB
mouse and it makes no change to curser movement.

any help greatfully recieved

ianh
June 13, 2004 8:20:19 PM

Nope you do not have a virus, and no not need to replace drivers what you
have is the "Dell Drifting Curser problem" you need to contact Dell Tech
support tell them you have a drifting curser problem they will get you to do
all sorts of tests and then ship out an engineer with a keyboard or palmrest
or both if you have next business day cover if its collect and return to
base then they will do the same replacement parts but on that basis

!