curser problems with dell inspiron8100

recently my curser has started to move...on its own....

it now tracks slowly either to top right or bottom left of screen and
then gets faster..

do i have a virus or do i need to replace drivers.. i have tried a USB
mouse and it makes no change to curser movement.

any help greatfully recieved

ianh
1 answer Last reply
More about curser problems dell inspiron8100

    Nope you do not have a virus, and no not need to replace drivers what you
    have is the "Dell Drifting Curser problem" you need to contact Dell Tech
    support tell them you have a drifting curser problem they will get you to do
    all sorts of tests and then ship out an engineer with a keyboard or palmrest
    or both if you have next business day cover if its collect and return to
    base then they will do the same replacement parts but on that basis
    "ianh" <ihenderson3@compuserve.com> wrote in message
    > recently my curser has started to move...on its own....
    >
    > it now tracks slowly either to top right or bottom left of screen and
    > then gets faster..
    >
    > do i have a virus or do i need to replace drivers.. i have tried a USB
    > mouse and it makes no change to curser movement.
    >
    > any help greatfully recieved
    >
    > ianh

Dell Computers