jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
if this is going to happen, then this is sad news for me.
ASUS sells lot of Intel boards here in Asia and offers good warranty. And the fact that ASUS is the most reliable and known motherboard brand here.

<b>.:::.:::.:::.</b>

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
All the article says is that Asus isn't going to make OEM boards for Intel under contract anymore. Doesn't mean you won't still be able to get Asus branded boards for Intel processors(which are my personal choice in boards and what I am running in my home PC right now). So basically, to all of us, it means absolutely nothing.

I'd guess that Asus is just running out of manufacturing capacity between all the side ventures they're getting into(Laptops, handhelds, etc) and the fact that they have to make both the Asus and Asrock branded motherboards. With all of that, the space probably wasn't worth setting aside for Intel, least, not at the rates that Intel was paying them.

peteroy

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 14, 2004
Boo hoo for Asus, Intel can keep going without them, Asus will sure loss tons of customers because of this, Intel won't suffer at all.

<A HREF="http://www.clan-chaos.com" target="_new">clan CHAOS</A>

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
AGain, how the heck is Asus going to lsoe any customers? People buying said boards weren't Asus customers anyways, they were Intel customers, buying Intel branded and boxed boards, which happened to be made for Intel by Asus. Did you even read the story, or my original post tha tyou replied to?

<A HREF="http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20040629030218.html" target="_new">Clicky!</A>

My dick is so big, that my dick has a dick. And my dicks' dick is bigger than yours.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Maybe that eng.. but is not that clear at the end they say outsourcing 17 million motherboards that what ASUS\ASrock produce with intel chipset.

i need to change useur name.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
They offer the best top end intel mothersboards for a very long time personally try for a very time a P4T wich i was loving.

i need to change useur name.

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Key word there is outsourcing, meaning Asus is making them for Intel, not that they are making them for themselves with Intel chipsets.

endyen

Splendid
Asus will of course still make thier own brand Intel mobos. You can expect a price rise though, fewer boards = greater cost.
I suspect the fixed production costs are not the issue. With the number of boards produced, no-one could make boards cheaper than Asus, and still be profitable. More likely it is an after market support issue. I would speculate that warranty, due to socket issues was the big stumbling block.