Laptop

Hello,
I am looking to purchase a low cost laptop for my parents - who have NEVER used a computer before. I want wireless capabilities and a speed that won't make them frsutrated. I am sure once they learn how to use it, they will be uploading digital photos but I doubt they will ever use it for video purposes. Suggestions?
6 answers Last reply
More about laptop
  1. what is your budget?

and how long does thing need to last?
  2. Upendra09 said:
    what is your budget?

and how long does thing need to last?

Budget is $900 or less (prefereably less) and it will need to last a long time - I can't see my parents "upgrading" any time soon.
  3. HP Pavilion dv5t or Dell Studio 1558 would be reasonable choices.

Do you have any experience with remote assistance yet? If not, you probably will soon.
  4. Thank you! Uh oh... do you mean I will be assisting them from my home frequently? If so - you are definitely right!
  5. Luckily for you (and LOTS of others I'm sure) remote assistance works remarkably well when you have high speed internet connections.
  6. turnerjen said:
    Hello,
    I am looking to purchase a low cost laptop for my parents - who have NEVER used a computer before. I want wireless capabilities and a speed that won't make them frsutrated. I am sure once they learn how to use it, they will be uploading digital photos but I doubt they will ever use it for video purposes. Suggestions?

Hi there,

You might want to look into the Dell Studio 15. It has a fast processor and plenty of hard drive space (for when your parents start uploading photos). It is also a nice, medium size (15.6", 5.5 lbs). It is a great value at $649 and I think it will really meet their computing needs.

Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Computer