Cannot access Base Management tool

Last response: in Networking
September 9, 2004 11:40:37 AM

hi,
i have a problem that i cannot access the base management
tool from the toolbar (greyed out) nor through a browser
via http://192.168.2.1 (cannot find server error)

does anyone have any idea how i can access my base
management tool?
i have the latest hardware firmware, and using XP SP1.
September 9, 2004 2:05:24 PM

Did you change the LAN IP address of the router?

Are you running on a different TCP/IP network the the router is on?

Callum wrote:

> hi,
> i have a problem that i cannot access the base management
> tool from the toolbar (greyed out) nor through a browser
> via http://192.168.2.1 (cannot find server error)
>
> does anyone have any idea how i can access my base
> management tool?
> i have the latest hardware firmware, and using XP SP1.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:21:08 PM

Thanks for replying.
LAst weekend i was having connection problems, and my set
up was DSL modem -> Router -> MN-700 -> desktop PC, so i
took off the Router and now i always get a connection, but
cant access the Base Management Tool - so i guess i did
change the LAN IP address ~ or sufficiently confused it.

do you suggest i do a ipconfig /release and /renew? i
only tried to access this morning before work and didnt
try too many things - except write to the Newsgroup :)
Any suggestion on checking the LAN IP address, i didnt
purposfully go and change the 192.168.2.1 thing.

I dont think i am running on a different TCP/IP network.
my set up is as above.

Oh, BTW, it isnt XP, its W2kPro im using at home, latest SP

Any help will be great, thanks!

September 9, 2004 8:48:48 PM

I have had a similar problem and to get around it I
temporarily disabled my XP firewall.
That did the trick.

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 8:57:09 PM

Thanks Steve, i made a mistake, my home PC has W2K Pro
installed. See my later email (Follow up to "joker")
about my setup.
cheers

September 10, 2004 10:24:29 PM

Did you change the MN-700 out of router mode into access point mode?

If you didi that the MN-700 becomes a DHCP client. If it is assigned an
IP address you can browse to either that or the name that you assigned
to the MN-700.

!