Cannot access Base Management tool

hi,
i have a problem that i cannot access the base management
tool from the toolbar (greyed out) nor through a browser
via http://192.168.2.1 (cannot find server error)

does anyone have any idea how i can access my base
management tool?
i have the latest hardware firmware, and using XP SP1.
5 answers Last reply
More about cannot access base management tool

    Did you change the LAN IP address of the router?

    Are you running on a different TCP/IP network the the router is on?

    Callum wrote:

    > hi,
    > i have a problem that i cannot access the base management
    > tool from the toolbar (greyed out) nor through a browser
    > via http://192.168.2.1 (cannot find server error)
    >
    > does anyone have any idea how i can access my base
    > management tool?
    > i have the latest hardware firmware, and using XP SP1.

    Thanks for replying.
    LAst weekend i was having connection problems, and my set
    up was DSL modem -> Router -> MN-700 -> desktop PC, so i
    took off the Router and now i always get a connection, but
    cant access the Base Management Tool - so i guess i did
    change the LAN IP address ~ or sufficiently confused it.

    do you suggest i do a ipconfig /release and /renew? i
    only tried to access this morning before work and didnt
    try too many things - except write to the Newsgroup :)
    Any suggestion on checking the LAN IP address, i didnt
    purposfully go and change the 192.168.2.1 thing.

    I dont think i am running on a different TCP/IP network.
    my set up is as above.

    Oh, BTW, it isnt XP, its W2kPro im using at home, latest SP

    Any help will be great, thanks!

    I have had a similar problem and to get around it I
    temporarily disabled my XP firewall.
    That did the trick.

    Thanks Steve, i made a mistake, my home PC has W2K Pro
    installed. See my later email (Follow up to "joker")
    about my setup.
    cheers

    Did you change the MN-700 out of router mode into access point mode?

    If you didi that the MN-700 becomes a DHCP client. If it is assigned an
    IP address you can browse to either that or the name that you assigned
    to the MN-700.

    Callum wrote:

    > Thanks for replying.
    > LAst weekend i was having connection problems, and my set
    > up was DSL modem -> Router -> MN-700 -> desktop PC, so i
    > took off the Router and now i always get a connection, but
    > cant access the Base Management Tool - so i guess i did
    > change the LAN IP address ~ or sufficiently confused it.
    >
    > do you suggest i do a ipconfig /release and /renew? i
    > only tried to access this morning before work and didnt
    > try too many things - except write to the Newsgroup :)
    > Any suggestion on checking the LAN IP address, i didnt
    > purposfully go and change the 192.168.2.1 thing.
    >
    > I dont think i am running on a different TCP/IP network.
    > my set up is as above.
    >
    > Oh, BTW, it isnt XP, its W2kPro im using at home, latest SP
    >
    > Any help will be great, thanks!

Routers Hardware Management Microsoft Networking