MN 130 connects, disconnects over & over

I have a MN 130 on the LAN side of my server. The
motherboard has a built-in NIC I use for the WAN side.
When I log into the server (Windows Server 2003/SBS 2003,
ISA 2000), the networking indicator (actually a yellow
balloon) in the systray periodically indicates that the
LAN connection is disconnected. After a couple seconds, it
automatically reconnects. It's done this ever since I set
it up months ago. From a workstation on the domain, I
usually don't notice the disconnect when browsing the web,
but when I connect to an external VPN server, I notice it.

The Broadband utility tells me it needs to be updated. I
downloaded the update but it failed to install with a
Runtime error.

What do I check/fix?
1 answer Last reply
More about connects disconnects over

    I'm actually surprised it even half works on your computer. The
    hardware & software are only supported on the following OS's Windows 98,
    Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows ME, & Windows XP.

    The problem is they never wrote drivers for Windows 2003 mainly because
    it is a server only operating system & thus because the hardware was
    only intended for the average home user they never wrote drivers for
    Windows 2003 & they most likely never will. So to get the MN-130 to
    work I'd suggest using a supported operating system or get a different
    network card that will work with windows 2003 server.

    Jim G. wrote:

    > I have a MN 130 on the LAN side of my server. The
    > motherboard has a built-in NIC I use for the WAN side.
    > When I log into the server (Windows Server 2003/SBS 2003,
    > ISA 2000), the networking indicator (actually a yellow
    > balloon) in the systray periodically indicates that the
    > LAN connection is disconnected. After a couple seconds, it
    > automatically reconnects. It's done this ever since I set
    > it up months ago. From a workstation on the domain, I
    > usually don't notice the disconnect when browsing the web,
    > but when I connect to an external VPN server, I notice it.
    >
    > The Broadband utility tells me it needs to be updated. I
    > downloaded the update but it failed to install with a
    > Runtime error.
    >
    > What do I check/fix?

Routers Connection Servers Networking