Razer Megalodon headset not playing sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_M

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2012
Hi there, I've had my megalodon headset for a while now, but have recently brought a new computer. The headset was working fine on my old system but isn't working on my new one. When I plugged the device in it was detected fine, and it says that the headset is my default playback device, yet no sound plays through google chrome or iTunes.

Interesting point: Attempting to play a song through iTunes results in the song staying at 0.00seconds, sound plays through the speakers when I unplug the headset. I have the headset plugged into a 3.0 front USB port. Thanks Paul

Paul_M

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2012
Hi, thank you for the quick response, ok it IS working on a back panel 2.0 port, however it's kind of inconvenient having it plugged in there. Is there a way to get it working in the 3.0 ports? Thanks

g36Ecstasy

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
its not an Acer PC by any chance? I had the same problem with an Acer M3970 (I have upgraded some components but CPU/MB/Ram is still original). headset is faulty in the rear ports. if i plug it into the front port of the PC case, It works fine. I suspect the front USB hub is a separate controller to what operates the rear ports.

I was having the same problems with iTunes playing no sound and remaining at 0:00 and Windows Media player had a massive attack of uselessness, I thought I'd managed to destroy my MP3 collection. Games wouldn't even recognise that there was an audio device attached to the computer (after i disabled on board audio in the troubleshooting process). Microphone on the headset still worked though because i could see a volume level appearing in the mixer.

I am waiting to hear more from Razer in regards to their thoughts.

waspbait

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
If you're still having troubles I found the Megalodon had terrible power drain. When I had a Xbox controller plugged in at the same time as the Headset the headset didn't work. I had to get an external powered USB hub to make both work.

USB3.0 might carry more power and therefore the Megalodon draws more?

yattawan

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015
I have contacted Razer support and they replied that they won't provide any support because I'm running under Windows 8.1. Ridicolous.
Sell your headphones and buy another brand

Status
Not open for further replies.