Sign in with
Your question

Command prompts

Last response: in Windows 7
December 3, 2012 10:44:14 PM

I have a windows 7 HP laptop and I got the Windows 7 recovery boot disk and I am not able to get into my command prompts using the smart keys...it just always says "bootmgr missing"
Plz help

More about : command prompts

December 4, 2012 8:30:26 AM

Insert your Windows Vista or Windows 7 disk into your DVD player and restart your computer.
The next screen you see should have the Language, Time and Currency and Keyboard boxes.
In the lower left side there are two options: “What to know before installing Windows” and “Repair your computer.”
Click on “Repair your computer”
Windows will then try to find the installation directory for Vista or Windows 7, depending on what you have.
Next up is a screen with a box called Recovery Options. Click the first option, Startup Repair.
You’ll see a Startup Repair box with the message “Startup Repair is checking your system for problems…”
When it’s done, it will prompt you to reboot. If there is more than one problem it may reboot again to continue repairing.
At this point, you can remove the DVD, reboot and everything should be working.

December 14, 2012 1:58:41 AM

I do that...it comes up and starts to insert windows 7 and then it stops and says there was a error...then I reboot and have to push F2 and it comes up repair computer and says the same thing about errors...I had the command prompt before on there but I had to get the windows repair disk I did and now I can't get back to the command prompt to type in the redo windows ( ex: "c:/fix win
hazeh26 said:
Insert your Windows Vista or Windows 7 disk into your DVD player and restart your computer.
The next screen you see should have the Language, Time and Currency and Keyboard boxes.
In the lower left side there are two options: “What to know before installing Windows” and “Repair your computer.”
Click on “Repair your computer”
Windows will then try to find the installation directory for Vista or Windows 7, depending on what you have.
Next up is a screen with a box called Recovery Options. Click the first option, Startup Repair.
You’ll see a Startup Repair box with the message “Startup Repair is checking your system for problems…”
When it’s done, it will prompt you to reboot. If there is more than one problem it may reboot again to continue repairing.
At this point, you can remove the DVD, reboot and everything should be working.

!