Coating backglasses

Now that I've done my first, here is my question:

Should I triple thick a Bally EK backglass that shows absolutely no
signs of deterioration?

The machine is in a temperature controlled, humidity controlled
environment. Has been all it's life. I've had it over 10 years, should
I worry about it at all?

Terry.

You get a resounding NO! from me.

Do NOT tempt fate. If it ain't broke, etc..

(Same goes for playfields.)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
============================
tschw10117@aol.com wrote:
> Now that I've done my first, here is my question:
>
> Should I triple thick a Bally EK backglass that shows absolutely no
> signs of deterioration?
>
> The machine is in a temperature controlled, humidity controlled
> environment. Has been all it's life. I've had it over 10 years, should
> I worry about it at all?
>
> Terry.

I oftened wondered this too. But I chose not to fix something that isnt
broken :)

I did 6 or so late 70's / early 80's backglasses last week just for the
heck of it (more practice being "Boss"). Most of them were in perfect
or very close to perfect condition, unfortunantly there all for resale
so i'll never know weather it will help or hinder their existance in
the long run (figuring it can't hurt). I don't know if clear coating
would help if somebody elects to go with poor storage at some point
anyway. The one advantage I can think of is being able to clean the
painted side w/o wrecking anything... but how often do you really need
to do that in home use... every 20 years maybe.

zTim