TECH: Fish Tales Reel (Ball Launch Button) Wiring

Googling indicates FT was produced with two switch styles: 1) a smaller
metal colored round button style, and 2) a square red button style that
was backlit.

Mine is the red button style, but the wiring has me stumped. The lamp
portion of the switch wiring (87 on the switch matrix, red violet &
yellow gray) was found unconnected when I dissassembled the switch from
the handle. I figure no problem, I'll just resolder these puppies and
be in business but....There doesn't seem to be terminals dedicated to
the lamp circuit on the existing switch? Could it be someone installed
an _unlit_ version of the red button style switch?

Pics of the existing switch I removed are at:

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/gameroomfan

(thanks to jw jr)

alex

Here's how Tony did his:

http://www.dziedzic.us/cast_button.html

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

gameroomfan wrote:
> Googling indicates FT was produced with two switch styles: 1) a smaller
> metal colored round button style, and 2) a square red button style that
> was backlit.
>
> Mine is the red button style, but the wiring has me stumped. The lamp
> portion of the switch wiring (87 on the switch matrix, red violet &
> yellow gray) was found unconnected when I dissassembled the switch from
> the handle. I figure no problem, I'll just resolder these puppies and
> be in business but....There doesn't seem to be terminals dedicated to
> the lamp circuit on the existing switch? Could it be someone installed
> an _unlit_ version of the red button style switch?
>
> Pics of the existing switch I removed are at:
>
> http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/gameroomfan
>
> (thanks to jw jr)
>
> alex

Ahhh... I was confused in thinking that if the red button style was in
place, it should light. Didn't realize there were 3 configs.....plain
round button no ligth, red button no light and red button light.

thanks
acb