Black Hole Arrived...motor didn't

Hi all-

Got my Black Hole FINALLY (NAVL forgot the legs somewhere in the trip,
had to wait to go get them). I'm thrilled to have my first Gottlieb.

I have only a couple of questions - apparently the seller forgot to
tell me the entire motor assembly and gearbox for the spinner is
missing - I have a connector A10-J10 with nothing to hook it to. Is
Grainger still the best motor replacement? Anything not mentioned on
Clay's guide?

Second, my replacement sound board dropped in fine - the speech in
very....slowed....but I read I should be able to adjust that. The
sound effects are faint, which, if like Bally's board, means I need to
replace the capacitors. Is this a good guess? The slow speech is fine
and loud - I haven't gotten a manual yet, didn't know if there are
seperate adjustable pots on the sound board like 80s Bally.

Other than that and one broken pop bumper cap, the game plays very
clean. SO different in feel than the Bally's I'm used to.

- Q

congrats on a nice buy :)

there's 2 set of sound pot on the sound board.

The one you're after is located on the lower right side of it. They are
rectangle with a screw at the end. (they look like ceramic resistors) I
believe the right one is for speech (the other for music)

The other set is for volume is is located middle-upper-right side.

PBR has the cap.

how is your spinning disk holding in place if you don't have the motor?

Phil

http://mrhide.pinnesota.org/gallery/blackhole

The front of the gearbox casing is there, and one gear attached to the
stem of the disk. That's it. My own fault for not asking, of course.
I just assumed "100% working" meant the disc too.

- Q

Thank you Kirb and Phil - I always forget the first rule of fixing
anything - look to the simplest answer first. I will try these
tonight.

Also Phil - great website. I've never seen it before.

- Q

Hey Thanks ! :)

ps: if it makes you feel better, I bought the black hole 2 weeks ago
and .. my motor is also the only thing not working on it! ( well it
works, just that one gear is chewed up )