TEARING DOWN AMILO L7310

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANJOE

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
hOW DO I TEAR DOWN A FUJITSUSIEMENS AMILO L7310 TO FIX THE AC JACK. i HAVE LOOSEN ALL SCREWS BUT FOR SOME REASON THE BACK AND THE FRONT COVER WON'T COME OFF.
I'M REALLY GETTING ANGRY WITH THESE. SHAME ON THE DESIGNERS

BAN

G

Have you managed to remove the keyboard ? On some laptops the retaining screws go right through the bottom part of the shell.

BANJOE

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Thanks for the response.
No I've not, thats part of the problem. The top cover goes round the keyboard from the display hinges (very unlike other laptops). It's like there is a screw holding it from inside and the bottom cover won't come off, it's like there is another screw holding it from the other side too. I'm kind of stuck.

G

These cases are often held together with internal clips. The only telltale to where they are, short gaps at intervals along the join between the two halves of the shell. The idea is you insert a flat tool in the gap and this releases the clips -- in my experience frequently breaking them and scratching the case, so take care.

I have a Mitac in a similar state of half disassembly to yours and I'm waiting to find a second one as donor.

In the past, repairing older Dell Latitude laptops which were more obviously designed to be disassembled, I relied on having two similar models so that I could afford to wreck the case of the donor machine while learning how not to wreck the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.