MN-500 / MN-510

Last response: in Networking
Share
September 9, 2004 4:58:13 PM

Hi, Just wondering if anybody has any helpful suggestions
for this. Since upgrading to SP2, but MN-510 adapter
regularly loses connection for a second throughout the
day. Multiple times an hour. Its just for a second, but
it causes my to sign off any instant messenging programs
running and can impair any open internet applications.

I am not using the BBN software, and have just set up the
router and adapter on both computers through XP.

More about : 500 510

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 10:51:34 AM

Same problem but with the MN-520 adapter. Even since
upgraded to XP2, I'm losing connection every 7-10 minutes
as the adapter is "hunting" for other available networks
(e.g, my neighbor's). I installed the updated MS
Broadband Network Utility software that supposedly is
updated to work with XP2 issues, but it has done squat
for me. Still losing connectivity every 10' or so.

I recall a technical bulletin even with XP1 indicating
that some MS network adapters (eg, MN-720) are known to
have this problem with XP, hence my decsion to go back to
an MN-520. Now XP2 has screwed things up again...

Time to buy from another vendor? Apparently MS can't
make their own software and hardware work well together..

September 12, 2004 5:18:37 PM

Same - problem and dont seem to find an answer anywhere
and it very inconvenient to say the least. Any ideas?

!