Dell Mini 10, no power adapter = no wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoshadetod

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
It seems like when my mini 10 is not plugged into the power adapter the computer can see no wireless networks, this happens in both ubuntu and windows.

Any ideas?

G

It's turning off some devices like the wireless adapter to save battery power. Have a look at the Power settings in Windows or in the BIOS screens.

twoshadetod

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
That was my original thought but could not find anything in the bios and it occurs in windows and in ubuntu. Both power settings sections do not mention it or at least I could not find a reference in either.

twoshadetod

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Do I have to register my dell to do that or is the bar code sufficient? I always avoid registering but if I need to call them and it's something I should do, I'd like to do it.

G

Never bought a Dell new -- though I have used their excellent machine ID tag as a way of finding drivers.

I'd register as your warranty rights may be tied to that -- though I'm not sure why (in most cases) you'd need a warranty from Dell as they are mostly a direct seller and the vendor of a consumer durable remains responsible well beyond any notional warranty period.

Status
Not open for further replies.