Sign in with
Your question

Looking for some TRIM

Last response: in Windows 7
December 4, 2012 3:19:31 AM

haha got your attention on that title. Thanks for looking in. I just assembled my first build and installed my software and wanted to know if my TRIM is working or not. Also about checking the BIOS for AHCI is it? I have an ASROCK Extreme 6 z77 Mobo. Is it still necessary to uninstall reinstall to get TRIM on? I came across this CMD line prompt to check it, how reliable? unknown?

To check TRIM:

Open the Start Menu, type CMD
Right click the icon and Run as Administrator

Type: fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Windows TRIM commands are disabled)
DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Windows TRIM commands are enabled)

To enable TRIM:

Open the Start Menu, type CMD
Right click the icon and Run as Administrator

Type: fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 0

More about : trim

December 4, 2012 3:24:01 AM

You came across the answer to your own question, then STILL made a thread asking if you should try the solution.
m
l
December 4, 2012 3:33:06 AM

azathoth said:
You came across the answer to your own question, then STILL made a thread asking if you should try the solution.

Tit for tat. Yes if you read the post completely you would have noticed I asked if this is a suitable solution as you stated or if this will work. And if my TRIM does not show up is it necessary to reinstall or is there another way around. NOT wanting to hop into the Registry and perhaps causing an unstable command via some one's post on a forum...
m
l
December 10, 2012 11:40:13 PM

For anyone looking for this answer as SSD's are more and more popular that CMD does work FWIW. Now if I could only select myself as the best answer.. As it seems I usually have to find out myself anyways...Or be subject to smart A55 answers
m
l
Related resources
!