Cannot sign in to the Zone

I get the dreaded cannot find server page. Have tried several things...
deleted cookies and re-installed the zone to no avail. Any help
appreciated.

TIA
Bob

Road Warrior wrote:

> I get the dreaded cannot find server page. Have tried several things...
> deleted cookies and re-installed the zone to no avail. Any help
> appreciated.
>
> TIA
> Bob

An NIS update can be the cause. ( NAV can be blocking jscript too.)

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#Step12

If you have an ad blocker, popup-stopper or web accelerator running,
they can write the ads links to the HOSTS or LMHOSTS file. Edit these
files and delete the lines, or just delete the files mentioned above to
the Recycle Bin. The files with extensions .sam are sample files
explaining how to block sites; you shouldn't delete or edit them. With
AdSubtract and possibly some others, you can open the program and accept
the ads needed for the Zone.

Here are other possible solutions:

1) Editing the URL in the browser address line to read HTTPS:// instead
of HTTP:// and pressing enter to reload the page will avoid loading the
ad content on the right side of the page and allow heartbeatctl to
initialize and load zone friends. The room links will load normally
afterwards.

2) Kick starting zone friends by opening the profiles page and sending
yourself a zone message will force zonefriends to reload initializing
heartbeatctl in the process. With heartbeat running the players can
usually access the game rooms after IE indicating the page content is
loaded even though the flash ads on the right side of the page have not
started.

3) Completely uninstall Norton, and after you get in the Zone, reinstall
Norton.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support