Looking for wiring schamatics for the vga harness on a sony vaio pcg 9

Nocturnal Lunacy

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Does anyone have the wiring diagrams or schematics for monitor vga connector cable? The cable is the one running from the monitor itself to the motherboard. I need to know what the wires correspond to on the connector via the colors. I know where the wires go that are split off of the cable itself. I just need the diagram for the colors/wires on the connector that connects to the motherboard. Thank you. I will see if I can find a pic to show you what I'm talking about. It's the white connector at the end of the the split off. The one with all the black tape on it.

SonyVGAHarness.jpg

Well, first off, it is not VGA. Laptops use a digital connection called LVDS, and there is no convertor to convert that to VGA or DVI.

The reason is that the MB in a laptop also contains most of the LCD control circuits that would be inside a desktop LCD monitor.

Nocturnal Lunacy

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
I could care less what the cable is called. I got the vga off other sites that had labeled them as vga. All I want are the wiring pinouts, schematics, diagrams whatever. Mainly the connector that connects to the motherboard.

Let me be more direct: What are you trying to accomplish?

It you intend to connect a laptop LCD screen to another computer via VGA or DVI or HDMI, then you cannot do it. If you intend to connect an external monitor to your laptop via the cable above, then you cannot do it.

If you have some other reason for the schematics they will likely need to come from the manufacturer.