Can't send mail when connected through MN-100

Last response: in Networking
Share
September 9, 2004 5:56:05 PM

Hi, I have the MN-100 router connected to my cable modem
and when my PC is connected to the router, I can access
the internet normally except that Outlook cannot send
mail... It complains as shown below... Note that if I
attach to my PC directly to the cable modem I get a
connection that works perfectly. My MN-100 firmware is
up to date and I've disabled all security and firewall
features that I am aware of.

Outlook Error when connected to MN-100:

Task 'shawmail - Sending' reported error
(0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a
response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue
to receive this message, contact your server
administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
September 10, 2004 12:10:39 PM

Your outlook was depending on a setting that your ISP was sending to you
via DHCP. Since the Mn-100 is doing the DHCP you will have to actually
enter a fully qualified domain name for your SMTP server.

!