Dell Inspiron 8100 Processor Upgrade to 1.33 Ghz

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.laptops (More info?)

Hello, I've got a i8100 that is a few years old now and I'm looking at
upgrade options. I was sitting here wondering...

Will an 8100 run with a 1.33Ghz PIIIm in it? I think the fastest speed
I remember seeing was 1.13 (on this model) around the time I ordered
the machine. Has anyone tried it? I haven't got the laptop with me at
the moment, but are there any mobo/BIOS restrictions that won't allow
the 1.33Ghz?

I don't know if this makes a difference yet but I've got the 866Mhz
Ultra Low Voltage processor in it now. Figured there may be different
mobos for the 1.13Ghz model which isn't ULV.

It should take any Mobile Tualatin CPU (aka the mobile PIII-m CPU).