Vishay Dmd's - Any good?

Paul

Splendid

My Tz is looking like it will shortly need a new dmd, and was looking at
the new Vishay ones...

... anyone have any experiences of them? they seem quite cheap compared
to the older type...

Thx
Paul

Go with Babcock... much better. I used to carry Vishay Dale but had
too many return problems. I was getting a 1 in 50 out-of-the-box fail
rate. I now carry Babcock and they have been MUCH more reliable.
Terry.
www.pinballlife.com

ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003

I have had bad luck with these.I bought a new one from Brady's
Distrubiting and put it in a
World Cup '94.It worked for 8 months and then DIED completly.I then
put the almost 10 year
original Babcock brand back in and it has worked perfect .Granted this
old display has some
ghosting and burn in,but it STILL works and looks good.This new Vishay
display was in
my HUO machine and had less than 100 hours on it.I called Brady's and
they said too bad
but the warrenty is only 6 months.I am wondering if this is a wide
spread problem with this
companies DMD displays.Is this the display that STERN uses in its new
games?Could this
be the problem with the STERN displays failing so soon! Any other
company still make these?
If so who,as I am willing to try something new.
Ike.

There was a problem with some Vishay/Dale displays failing prematurely,
but that was about 3 years ago. Vishay will repair their displays.

I've used a few of the newer ones and they have been fine.

Hi Paul,
I e-mailed you privately. You have a "no spam" thing going on in your
address line and I am replying from google, so I don't know if it went
through.
Terry.

Paul

Splendid

pinballlife@speakeasy.net wrote:
> Go with Babcock... much better. I used to carry Vishay Dale but had
> too many return problems. I was getting a 1 in 50 out-of-the-box fail
> rate. I now carry Babcock and they have been MUCH more reliable.
> Terry.
> www.pinballlife.com

Terry,

I can get it pre-tested before shipping to ensure it works ok out of the
box (bar any shipping problems...). what are they like once proved
working initially?

How much are the babcock's? i can pick up a new vishay for $140 shipped
to the uk....

Paul

Paul

Splendid

pinballlife@speakeasy.net wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> I e-mailed you privately. You have a "no spam" thing going on in your
> address line and I am replying from google, so I don't know if it went
> through.
> Terry.

Terry,

Nope nothing, however if you have access to your speakeasy address, you
should have mail waiting from me :)

Thx
Paul

We have tested both and find the babcock better

and at a sell price of $120 US each pretty good value

Wayne Gillard

I have the Babcock DMD's in stock at $120 each, $220 for 2, and $330
for three. Shipping is $14.95 no matter how many you buy.
Terry.
www.pinballlife.com

Andy

How much to ship to US?