Strange board problem... help needed

Did a pf swap on my I500. First driver board (A) worked fine except for
a GI prob and ugly looking hacks. So replaced w/ driver board (B) and
when coin door is closed trough popper energizes repeatedly. So
replaced w/ driver board (C) and now when coin door is closed upper
popper energizes repeatedly. What gives?

pr
2 answers Last reply
More about strange board problem needed

    Connector turned wrong way, connector in wrong spot. Ribbon cable not
    right - be sure red stripe pin one each end, and don't get it off a row
    high, low, left or right.

    If that is all good, then see if you lost opto power on the driver board.
    LTG :)

    "pr" <ringmaster1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Did a pf swap on my I500. First driver board (A) worked fine except for
    > a GI prob and ugly looking hacks. So replaced w/ driver board (B) and
    > when coin door is closed trough popper energizes repeatedly. So
    > replaced w/ driver board (C) and now when coin door is closed upper
    > popper energizes repeatedly. What gives?
    >
    > pr

    As always - thank you Lloyd. It turned out to be an opto problem.
    Everything working just fine now. Thanks again.

    Boy I like that game!

    pr

    Lloyd Olson wrote:
    > Connector turned wrong way, connector in wrong spot. Ribbon cable not
    > right - be sure red stripe pin one each end, and don't get it off a row
    > high, low, left or right.
    >
    > If that is all good, then see if you lost opto power on the driver board.
    > LTG :)
    >
    > "pr" <ringmaster1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > Did a pf swap on my I500. First driver board (A) worked fine except for
    > > a GI prob and ugly looking hacks. So replaced w/ driver board (B) and
    > > when coin door is closed trough popper energizes repeatedly. So
    > > replaced w/ driver board (C) and now when coin door is closed upper
    > > popper energizes repeatedly. What gives?
    > >
    > > pr

Games Video Games