Multimedia laptop with good battery life

1_What is your budget?
$800-1000 dollars

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-16"

3_What screen resolution do you want?
HD LED

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
GOOD battery life. 8-cell or better

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? Yes, mainly sims 3 and madden

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photo editing, watching movies, games, listening to music

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
500GB or better

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Newegg or Amazon

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4-5 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Dvd burner

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Mainly Asus- due to reliability, price and build quality

13_What country do you live in?
USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm looking for a new multimedia laptop to replace my 5 year old Dell Laptop and I want to try to keep the price below $1000 dollars. I have had two Dell laptops in the past and I have always had overheating issues with both so I would like to try something different. I like Asus mainly because of the build quality, price and the battery life. I have narrowed it down to these two laptops so please tell me what you think. Thanks.

ASUS N61JV-X2 16-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown)
http://www.amazon.com/N61JV-X2-16-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Laptop/dp/B00352LQYO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277064971&sr=8-1

ASUS U30JC-A1 13.3-Inch Laptop (Silver)
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-U30JC-A1-13-3-Inch-Laptop-Silver/dp/B0036ZEANO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277065023&sr=1-1
4 answers Last reply
More about multimedia laptop good battery life
  1. Between those,i would go for the first one because of having a much better graphic card.
    ASUS G60 is another good option(but the battery life isn't very well),since bestbuy links doesn't work,go to www.bestbuy.com and search for G60JX-RBBX05
    It has a much more powerful graphic than either N61 or U30 but has less battery life.
  2. I did get a chance to check out the Asus G60 at Best buy and the main problem that I had with it was the weight. At 7.5lbs the laptop is extremely heavy and with the poor battery life I can't really see myself purchasing that laptop. And as far as the N61JV goes, I love everything about the laptop except for the battery life and the low-res screen. That's why I was leaning more toward the U30JC but I don't know if the Core i3 will be good enough to last for 4-5 years. It definitely has great battery life and build quality but I think purchasing a core i5 laptop would be better in the long run. I wish Asus would come up with a laptop that has the build quality and battery life of the U30JC + Core i5 processor. That would be the ultimate portable laptop for sure !!
  3. Well for your tasks an i3 suffices but for gaming GT 310M is significantly slower than GT 325M
  4. vinster27 said:
    1_What is your budget?
    $800-1000 dollars

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
    13-16"

3_What screen resolution do you want?
    HD LED

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
    portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
    GOOD battery life. 8-cell or better

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? Yes, mainly sims 3 and madden

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
    Photo editing, watching movies, games, listening to music

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
    500GB or better

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
    Newegg or Amazon

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
    4-5 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
    Dvd burner

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
    Mainly Asus- due to reliability, price and build quality

13_What country do you live in?
    USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
    I'm looking for a new multimedia laptop to replace my 5 year old Dell Laptop and I want to try to keep the price below $1000 dollars. I have had two Dell laptops in the past and I have always had overheating issues with both so I would like to try something different. I like Asus mainly because of the build quality, price and the battery life. I have narrowed it down to these two laptops so please tell me what you think. Thanks.

ASUS N61JV-X2 16-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown)
    http://www.amazon.com/N61JV-X2-16-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Laptop/dp/B00352LQYO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277064971&sr=8-1

ASUS U30JC-A1 13.3-Inch Laptop (Silver)
    http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-U30JC-A1-13-3-Inch-Laptop-Silver/dp/B0036ZEANO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277065023&sr=1-1

Hi there,

I would go with the first one. Since you are looking for a multi-media laptop the larger screen will be the best solution. It also has a more powerful processor than the second one. It also has more hard drive space.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Battery Product