good time to upgrade

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • SATA
  • PCI Express
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
July 11, 2004 7:09:06 PM

with all the new technology coming our way like sata, pci-e and 64bit cpu's to name a few would this time next year be a good time to buy a new system? hopefully we will have things like sata 2 that will make a difference and cd-rom dvd-roms with sata capabilities. with all luck we will have new technologly with most of the glitchs ironed out.

im going to be aiming at a budget off £1,300GBP - $2,417USD

is this time next year gonna be a good time to get a new system?

i think my system will hold out that long so im happy

If u do things right.... People won't be sure you've done anything at all......

More about : good time upgrade

July 11, 2004 7:52:10 PM

This time next year should ahve things like bugs in PCI-E ironed out hopefully.

We already ahve optical drives on SATA, look at front page of Tom's. SATA2 won't relaly have any effect in itself, what we need would be faster drives that can even max out regular SATA, which we don't have.
July 12, 2004 4:35:45 AM

I'm not so optomistic about the next year. The greatest growth will probably be in prices.
Related resources
July 12, 2004 3:26:24 PM

Maybe your better off waiting until 2006. With slowhorn make that longhorn due out from Micro$. That will work better for you. You can allways change your Cpu and ram if you have to. That's what I'm doing. But who knows what comes out next year. Intel's talking about releasing dual core cpus.
July 12, 2004 4:21:17 PM

basicly what i want is 1 kick ass gaming pc and also it will be running as a server for 7 other pc's in my monthly lan which i have, what new technology can we expect for summer 2005 that will kick ass, will we be able to get off the shelf 4.5ghz to 5ghz cpu's. i'll have to start putting money in my piggy bank lol hopefully will have £1300 to £1500 to spend then sell this pc for a couple hundred :) 

If u do things right.... People won't be sure you've done anything at all......
July 13, 2004 12:06:18 AM

Keep searching the web for updates on whats going to be relesed. Intel may have 4.0 by years end. Not sure time frame on dual core Cpus from Intel. Maybe 1st Qtr next year or 2nd qtr.
!