Upgrading video card for s6500nx

bill

Just got a compaq s6500nx. I looked inside and there is an AGP slot.

If I upgrade to a new video card will I have to disable the integrated
graphics? How would I go about doing this?

hh

The onboard video should auto-disable when you install an AGP card.
HH

"Bill" <willgig@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Just got a compaq s6500nx. I looked inside and there is an AGP slot.
>
> If I upgrade to a new video card will I have to disable the integrated
> graphics? How would I go about doing this?

No, Installing the video drivers for your new video card will disable
the onboard video. I recently had it done. Your device manager
should be nice and clean afterwards.

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Kqkcc.533$FB1.170@fe25.usenetserver.com>...
> The onboard video should auto-disable when you install an AGP card.
> HH
>
> "Bill" <willgig@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Just got a compaq s6500nx. I looked inside and there is an AGP slot.
> >
> > If I upgrade to a new video card will I have to disable the integrated
> > graphics? How would I go about doing this?

TRENDING THREADS