Looking for PC speakers under $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

55th Mint

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hello!

I am looking for a speaker system for my newly finished build.

I am into music listening... a lot of it, in fact I basically have music playing from my computer all day long, except for when I'm gaming and put on my headphones. Anyways I am looking for good quality sound, with reasonable amount of bass. I also if possible interested in a wooden exterior for the speaker (makes it look nice and expensive ;))

So can somebody please suggest me some speakers for under $300, my MAX budget is $400, but you get the point.

- Thanks in advance!

The best musical sounding speakers for a reasonable price that I have heard: http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studiophile-Powered-Speakers-Previous/dp/B000MUXJCO

You won't get huge thumping bass from them, but they sound very balanced across all frequencies.

If you want something with more loundness (say to fill a very large loud room) http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Speaker-System-980-000467/dp/B004M18O60/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I own both the AV40 and an older copy of the Logitech speakers, both sound good but I think the AV40 are better for music, they sound cleaner and don't add anything to the sound, which is what a good speaker should do.

logitech has a good price to performance ratio. you can get a decent bit of bass out of them as well.

perhaps you might also be interested in getting a pair of bookshelf speakers and an amp, or powered speakers. you should be able to get a nice set for your price.

55th Mint

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

Yes I understand that, but which ones do I get!

ultimately that comes down to your budget and where you go shopping.

if you buy brand new retail you will likely have less choices and lower end choices then if you bought gently used speakers.

for $300 you are likely to spend $100 for each speaker and $100 on the amp give or take.

personally i would take a set of klipsch bookshelf speakers but the price brand new is out of budget. perhaps used.

i would suggest looking around on an audio only forum or searching for bookshelf speaker reviews as you will get quite a bit more feedback.

you are likely only to need a stereo amplifier as well. just make sure it has the inputs you need (or that you find and buy the right adapters).

Status
Not open for further replies.