Need to fix Atec NeoView LCD that doesn't work (pics attached)

mikekazik1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
I have an Atec Neoview AL181 LCD monitor that does not work anymore. It's an 18.1" monitor that was made during the early days of LCD screens. Before I give up on it entirely, I wanted to see if there was anything that I could possibly due to repair it. The problem with it is that when I connect the power cable and video cable to it, the power light on the monitor will turn on. However, the monitor will be pitch black. I know that the cables are not the problem since I already tried different ones and it was the same problem. I know that the outlet in the back of my desktop monitor is perfectly ok, since I have another LCD screen connected to it and it works just fine. I read the Official Flat Panel Repairs Thread that was posted at the top of this forum. When I read it, I took apart my LCD monitor to see the insides of my LCD screen. When I examined the capacitors, I found one that was slightly bulged out at the top. I have some pics posted below of what it looks like. In the first pic, you see an overview of the back part of my monitor. There is the green chip in the center and the smaller green chip off to the left. The rectangular chip on the left is the one with the capacitor that has a slight bulge. The fourth picture shows that capacitor.

150pj.jpg

By xtremecatholic at 2011-07-03

152oc.jpg

153ai.jpg

156ik.jpg

158bb.jpg

159lt.jpg