Pocket Quicken problems with Balance sync

December 14, 2004 9:35:52 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

You guys use Pocket Quicken right? If so tell me are you having the
problem below? Palm or PocketPC? I think that this problem is a bug in
Landware's software, which will not make it platform dependent. Palm
and PocketPC users should have this problem, regardless if they use Mac
or Windows.
--------
Problem
Balance/Transaction Sync

I made a deposit of $57.96 and added the transaction to my Pocket Quiken
register. I then synced with my mac via the serial port, and my balance
was updated on my desktop but subtracted $57.96 on my Palm. I had to
sync 2 times to get PocketQuicken to update itself with the new balance,
when it originally had it after I entered the new deposit in Pocket
Quicken!

This type of thing happens from time to time. Transactions disapear on
my Palm, and then reapear after a sync or two later, when they
originally were created on the Palm. Pocket Quicken settings are
default. This does not happen all the time, but seldomly. Maybe once a
month, or once every several months. Be aware that I use Pocket Quicken
daily and sync it many times a week with my dsktop Quicken deluxe
software as I frequently use Quicken to manage my accounts and credit
cards. Those that are not heavy users of Quicken may never experience
this problem. I think its a hidden hard to find glitch. Any tips?

Log

HotSync started 12/14/04 12:34:09 AM

Local Synchronization
OK Install
OK To Do List
OK Pocket Quicken 2.0
OK Memo Pad
OK Date Book
OK AvantGo Connect
OK Address Book
OK Install
Backed up AvGoPref.pdb
Backed up AvGoVersion.pdb
Backed up PQKN-Transactions.pdb
Backed up PQKN-Lists.pdb
Backed up PQKN-Memorized.pdb
Backed up AvGoPimPod1.prc
Backed up Saved Preferences.prc
OK Backup

Last sync time and PC ID updated on handheld
HotSync Complete 12/14/04 12:39:27 AM
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 4:28:37 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:35:52 -0800, John <johnw_94020@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>You guys use Pocket Quicken right? If so tell me are you having the
>problem below? Palm or PocketPC? I think that this problem is a bug in
>Landware's software, which will not make it platform dependent. Palm
>and PocketPC users should have this problem, regardless if they use Mac
>or Windows.
I haven't noticed any problems. But then I update on the desktop
only and enter no transactions on my Dell Axim X5.

Got into that habbit with Microsoft Money.

December 15, 2004 4:02:03 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

My experience has been that transactions entered in PQ disappear
after the first sync *until* they are accepted in Quicken.
Once they're accepted, then after the next sync they appear again
in PQ.

I've never had to sync more than once after accepting the transaction
in Quicken to get PQ synchronized.

Currently using Quicken 2005 and PQ 2.03

Eugene

John <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote in

> You guys use Pocket Quicken right? If so tell me are you having the
> problem below? Palm or PocketPC? I think that this problem is a bug in
> Landware's software, which will not make it platform dependent. Palm
> and PocketPC users should have this problem, regardless if they use Mac
> or Windows.
> --------
> Problem
> Balance/Transaction Sync
>
> I made a deposit of $57.96 and added the transaction to my Pocket Quiken
> register. I then synced with my mac via the serial port, and my balance
> was updated on my desktop but subtracted $57.96 on my Palm. I had to
> sync 2 times to get PocketQuicken to update itself with the new balance,
> when it originally had it after I entered the new deposit in Pocket
> Quicken!

Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR eugenem@ix.netcom.com
Medical Physicist maheug@musc.edu
"For I am a Bear of Very Little
Brain, and long words Bother
http://radinfo.musc.edu/~eugenem/blog/ me." - Winnie the Pooh
http://www.netcom.com/~eugenem/ ICQ 3113529
PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD or 0xE37A1591 PGP key available on request O-
December 15, 2004 4:02:04 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

This is the exact problem I am having. I contacted support and they say
that I should open quicken and then sync when I have such a problem.

So its not platform independent. Its a problem on all platforms and I
use a Mac with Quicken 2001, PQ 2.03 with a Palm Pilot.

John

In article <Xns95BFCBCD8863Ceugenemixnetcomcom@207.69.189.191>,
Imabug <BLAHeugenem@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> My experience has been that transactions entered in PQ disappear
> after the first sync *until* they are accepted in Quicken.
> Once they're accepted, then after the next sync they appear again
> in PQ.
>
> I've never had to sync more than once after accepting the transaction
> in Quicken to get PQ synchronized.
>
> Currently using Quicken 2005 and PQ 2.03
>
> Eugene
>
> John <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > You guys use Pocket Quicken right? If so tell me are you having the
> > problem below? Palm or PocketPC? I think that this problem is a bug in
> > Landware's software, which will not make it platform dependent. Palm
> > and PocketPC users should have this problem, regardless if they use Mac
> > or Windows.
> > --------
> > Problem
> > Balance/Transaction Sync
> >
> > I made a deposit of $57.96 and added the transaction to my Pocket Quiken
> > register. I then synced with my mac via the serial port, and my balance
> > was updated on my desktop but subtracted $57.96 on my Palm. I had to
> > sync 2 times to get PocketQuicken to update itself with the new balance,
> > when it originally had it after I entered the new deposit in Pocket
> > Quicken!

December 16, 2004 10:54:11 AM

John wrote:
> This is the exact problem I am having. I contacted support and they say
> that I should open quicken and then sync when I have such a problem.
>
> So its not platform independent. Its a problem on all platforms and I
> use a Mac with Quicken 2001, PQ 2.03 with a Palm Pilot.
>

> John
>

> In article <Xns95BFCBCD8863Ceugenemixnetcomcom@207.69.189.191>,
> Imabug <BLAHeugenem@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

>>My experience has been that transactions entered in PQ disappear
>>after the first sync *until* they are accepted in Quicken.
>>Once they're accepted, then after the next sync they appear again
>>in PQ.
>>
>>I've never had to sync more than once after accepting the transaction
>>in Quicken to get PQ synchronized.
>>
>>Currently using Quicken 2005 and PQ 2.03
>>
>>Eugene
>>
>>John <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote in
>>

>>>You guys use Pocket Quicken right? If so tell me are you having the
>>>problem below? Palm or PocketPC? I think that this problem is a bug in
>>>Landware's software, which will not make it platform dependent. Palm
>>>and PocketPC users should have this problem, regardless if they use Mac
>>>or Windows.
>>>--------
>>>Problem
>>>Balance/Transaction Sync
>>>
>>>I made a deposit of $57.96 and added the transaction to my Pocket Quiken
>>>register. I then synced with my mac via the serial port, and my balance
>>>was updated on my desktop but subtracted $57.96 on my Palm. I had to
>>>sync 2 times to get PocketQuicken to update itself with the new balance,
>>>when it originally had it after I entered the new deposit in Pocket
>>>Quicken!

Where can you get Quicken PC? Is there a version for PPC 2003?
Thanks
!