Solved

Macbook Pro 13" VS. Asus U30jc

Base your opinions upon: portability, speed, battery life, and above all, ease of use (keyboard, track pad, boot time).

The Competitors:

ASUS U30JC

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-U30JC-A1-13-3-Inch-Laptop-Silver/dp/B0036ZEANO

Product Features

* Intel Core i3-350M Processor (2.26 GHz)
* NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M Graphics Engine with 512MB DDR3 Dedicated VRAM with NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology
* 4GB of DDR3 1066MHz DRAM (2GB x 2 slots), 4GB Max; Wireless 802.11 b/g/n
* 320GB Hard Drive (5400 RPM); Super Multi Optical Disk Drive; Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Operating System
* 13.3-Inch HD (1366x768) LED Display; 0.3MP Webcam; HDMI Port; 8 cell 5600mAh battery

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

* Hardware Platform: PC
* Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core Duo
* Number of Processors: 2
* RAM: 4 MB
* RAM Type: SODIMM

Hard Drive

* Size: 320 GB
* Type: Raid

Graphics and Display

* Graphics RAM: 512.0 MB

Cases and Expandability

* Size (LWH): 13.12 inches, 9.52 inches, 1.2 inches
* Weight: 4.8 pounds

PRICE: ~$880

APPLE MACBOOK PRO 13" 2.4GHz

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro

Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Memory
250GB hard drive
SD card slot
Built-in battery (10 hours)
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics

While the specs are obviously not as great on the Macbook I must say that I favor it's size to weight ratio along with it's overall build quality.

PRICE: $900 (from a family member :D )

Which one would you choose?

On a side note: Can a Macbook run windows OS's without a hiccup? Fully functioning track pad and decent battery life? Just wondering cause I'd probably dual boot.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about macbook asus u30jc
  1. Well, it depends on what you want to do with either of the laptops, i.e. video editing, gaming, etc... If you find yourself doing a fair amount of gaming, I'd go with Asus/i3 set up.
  2. Gaming is not very important. I have a nice desktop at home for that purpose.

This will be my work/random-googling/research/project laptop.

Quick start-up and ease of use take priority.
  3. Best answer
    ^In that case, the MBP would probably be fine. The 10 hour battery life is always a plus and the Core2Duo isn't that far behind the i3 in the Asus. The GeForce 320M in the MBP is also slightly better.

As far as I know, Boot Camp runs Windows fine. I know someone who is running XP Pro on his 13'' MBP just fine.
  4. lostandwandering said:
    ^In that case, the MBP would probably be fine. The 10 hour battery life is always a plus and the Core2Duo isn't that far behind the i3 in the Asus. The GeForce 320M in the MBP is also slightly better.

As far as I know, Boot Camp runs Windows fine. I know someone who is running XP Pro on his 13'' MBP just fine.

That is exactly what I needed to hear.

Many thanks!
  5. Best answer selected by elliotth.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops