'68 Williams "Doozie" Question

Hi,

I'm fixing up a Doozie and have a couple of questions on gameplay:

1) When you complete an "X", the lit pop bumpers change - it seems
after a certain number of X's they all go out - can anyone tell me if
this is intended behavior (or which pops should be on during which X)

2) When special on the outlanes is lit and you hit a 1 point switch the
special toggles from one outlane to another. Is anything else supposed
to toggle ever? (I can hear a relay toggle when the 1 pt. is hit, but
I don't see anything else toggling.

3) Does anyone have schematics for this game that they'd either want to
sell or copy?

Thanks for any help!

Mike

ok, does the thousand one lite and they all go off? just a guess.
this looks like my student prince, just a little different. no, only
the specials should alternate. Pinball resource should have your
schematic and manuel

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.
68 Williams Student Prince

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines

Thanks for the info. It just seemed kind of odd that all the pops go
out when you hit the 8th (and final) X. Nice reward for all of your
hard work... :D

I'll check with PBR for a schematic. Was Williams making manuals for
games at this time or was it still too early?

Thanks again,

Mike

The bottom middle is 10 unlit, 100 lit (whereas the others are 10 lit/1
unlit). Yes, after completing the first "X" the 4 10/1's become unlit
and the 10/100 becomes lit. Looks like Student Prince is somewhat
similar to Doozie/Daffie.

"Mike Messersmith" <planetmess@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm fixing up a Doozie and have a couple of questions on gameplay:
>
> 1) When you complete an "X", the lit pop bumpers change - it seems
> after a certain number of X's they all go out - can anyone tell me if
> this is intended behavior (or which pops should be on during which X)

Yes, pops do go out on some X's, normal behavior.

> 2) When special on the outlanes is lit and you hit a 1 point switch the
> special toggles from one outlane to another. Is anything else supposed
> to toggle ever? (I can hear a relay toggle when the 1 pt. is hit, but
> I don't see anything else toggling.

Nothing else toggles over, only the outlane special.

Gary

> 3) Does anyone have schematics for this game that they'd either want to
> sell or copy?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Mike

jay

> It just seemed kind of odd that all the pops go
> out when you hit the 8th (and final) X. Nice reward for all of your
> hard work... :D

My Daffie works the same way. On 8th X, pop bumpers are dark. They're
tired of you winning!

> Was Williams making manuals for
> games at this time or was it still too early?

I have the Daffie manual, so I know they made Doozie.

:)

I checked it again last night and it seems really odd - the more X's
you get, the less pop bumpers are lit:
No X - 4/5 are lit
X 1 - 1/5 are lit (it's the 10/100 pop)
X 2 - 2/5 are lit (2 opposing 10 pointers)
X 3 - 2/5 are lit (the other 2 opposing 10 pointers)
X 4 & 5 - can't remember
X 6 and on - 0/5 are lit.

Seems it'd be opposite with you getting a bonus for lighting more
rather than a scoring detriment.

Thanks for the info.

Mike