Sign in with
Your question

Flash video creates random hiccups

Last response: in Windows 7
December 4, 2012 3:46:16 PM

Hello,

When I'm trying to play flash content(youtube mainly) my browser (Firefox, Chrome) at one point says not responding. If the hiccup lasts longer then sound and other programs are also froze. At some point everything works smoothly. I've checked my memories with memtest86 for one night - no errors. Also Hard drive is checked with chkdsk and no errors were found. S.M.A.R.T is makes me worry about my HDD:

Also event log(administrator) gives some warnings about very long saving time for files(25 ++ seconds)

Is my HDD giving up? This problem has been following me after format. W8 -> W7.

I have Dell Vostro V131 with i3 processor.
December 4, 2012 3:56:37 PM

Mostly except that part that my flash plugin doesn't crash. It keeps playing the video after hiccup. Or even, the video plays through the lag. If the lag lasts 20 secs then the video also skips to + 20sec.

Also I discovered that HDD usage is nearly 100% all the time and right now I have clean installation of windows basically.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 4, 2012 6:58:48 PM

I suspect it's a recent issue with flash/ff (and possibly video drivers?), try using IE to see if you get different results (and or another browser)
December 5, 2012 8:43:10 AM

Problem doesn't exist or exists only with very small lag, less than second with IE and flash content.
a b $ Windows 7
December 5, 2012 1:25:02 PM

Sounds like an issue between firefox/chrome (whichever you've got) and Adobe Flash, I wouldn't be too concerned if you can work around the issue, you'll probably have to sit tight and wait on a fix (or grab older versions of each and avoid updates).
!