I5 or 17

I'm thimking of buying a laptop..........'m confused between
Hp dv6-3043tx and Hp dv6-3052tx

the only difference between these two is of the processor...

one has Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor (3M Cache, 2.26 GHz) and
other one has Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor (6M Cache, 1.60 GHz)

'll basically be using this laptop to play fps n rpg games(modern ones) and for auto cad, pro E n CATIA.

which processor is more better...the i7 doesn't have integrated graphics option....'ll i7 give a better performance in games with ATI HD 5650 as compared to the i5?
6 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. One mre thing...Is this a good choice as a gaming laptop

i5/i7
    4gb DDR3-1333MHz
    640HD
    ATI HD 5650 mobility
    15.6''(1366x768 720p)

i play gta 4,BF BC 2,crysis, Modern warfare 2, oblivion,mass effect 2.fallout 3,alpha protocol...and many more
  2. arjun7989 said:
    I'm thimking of buying a laptop..........'m confused between
    Hp dv6-3043tx and Hp dv6-3052tx

the only difference between these two is of the processor...

one has Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor (3M Cache, 2.26 GHz) and
    other one has Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor (6M Cache, 1.60 GHz)

'll basically be using this laptop to play fps n rpg games(modern ones) and for auto cad, pro E n CATIA.

which processor is more better...the i7 doesn't have integrated graphics option....'ll i7 give a better performance in games with ATI HD 5650 as compared to the i5?

Hi there,

Both are good options. Is there a larger cost difference between the two options? I recommend you check out this guide about the speed and power of processors on the PC Scout website before you make a decision: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-speed-facts.aspx.

It's a great guide!

Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
  3. i inida where i live...3043 is priced at 57K and the 3052 is priced at 63k
  4. The i7 is around 50% faster, but it will also use substantially more power when doing anything CPU-intensive and produce substantially more heat as a result; I was looking at i7 laptops recently but bought the i5 instead largely for that reason.

So far I've yet to find a game the i5 can't handle comfortably.
  5. Here's another CPU guide to help you better make up your mind:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html
  6. i read sumwhere that in i5 processor the ram will run at 1066Mhz despite it being of 1333Mhz...which is not the case with i7 processor....will this thing affect the gaming performance
Ask a new question

Read More

Hewlett Packard Intel i7 Processors Intel i5 Laptops